Discuss Windows 7 or vista..? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sammypetter

Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

There's loads of places giving discount on PC's and laptops that use Vista as the operating system.I think that tells it's own story.

That said,I haven't used Windows 7 yet.I still use XP which I'm happy with.

I did try Vista though and had problems with it,though I'm far from a PC geek :D

My 18month old boy broke my old laptop (XP) and i had to replace with Windows 7 and its unbelievably good, even drivers for my old printer werent available and windows 7 lets you run xp drivers in compatability mode which is pukka.

I know enough people who have upgraded to Vista then gone back to XP and Vista has so many problems with patches etc.

I love XP and Windows 7 but would avoid Vista at all costs IMO

HTH

Been on vista years and its full of problems etc now on W7 and its already a better system smoother running and so far no compatability issues

Windows 7 gets my vote next in line windows XP as for vista its needs an ASBO slapped on it having used it if that was the only system I wouldnt bother with a computer.

Chris

It seems a bit of a p... take that any other product you buy has an expectation to work or you can get a refund or replacement if your not satisfied but a computer program once bought is none returnable whatever problems you find and you have to wait for a patch to repair it if you issue a complaint to microsoft . Is this the only product that works in this way???

Got to go for Windows 7... if not Windows XP. Avoid Vista like the plague (worst OS ever in my opinion). Had 7 for a while now and it is smooth - no probs whatsoever.

Windows 7 all the way, forget windoze vista, windows XP is still good, but its time is numbered.
Don't get ripped off with a Mac, yes, good kit, but very overpriced and not as customizable as a PC (yes, I am a geek).

Windows 7 all the way, forget windoze vista, windows XP is still good, but its time is numbered.
Don't get ripped off with a Mac, yes, good kit, but very overpriced and not as customizable as a PC (yes, I am a geek).

You dunno what your talkin about:p :D

MAC's are expensive, and yes, you are paying for the 'designer' look etc, but, i have had a MAC laptop for over 5 years and NEVER had a software /driver issue.

However, they are what they are and there isnt much "tuning" you can do with them.

I dunno, maybe its because they dont need it???

Anyhoo, only reason a bought a new one is coz i loved the look :D:D

Friend of mine has a year old pc laptop and he has spent more time rebooting it than using it :D

I've got a macbook and now have just converted my dad he's got the 27in imac says it's the best thing he's ever bought, he runs both windows 7 and the mac operating system in two separate windows on the main screen. Build quality is top notch my macbook is 3-4 years old no problems yet.

mac all the way.
I've had a macbook for about 2 years. Hate having o use a pc now. Yes they cost more. But the feel from a mac book is quality. not like a pc laptop that just feels cheap, imo! very stable os and you can do everything a pc does on a mac and so much more.

Reply to Windows 7 or vista..? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net