Discuss Wiring Ring Pro using existing intercom wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

britcowboy

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just need to sanity check what I'm going to do :)

So I've just bought a Ring Pro Doorbell and it's going to replace a broken intercom system: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/ESP/enterview3manual.PDF

Am I oversimplifying it to say that if I unplug the internal intercom device (which seems to power the entire thing), and remove it from the wall, and then remove the outside intercom (mine is the 3V/3VC picture). If I hook up two of the wires (possibly needing to cut off the end connector to get to the bare wire) to a transformer on the internal side, and to the ring pro on the other side that is all I need to do?

Am I correct in this? Can I reuse the existing wires in the wall? The current system seems to be 13V DC 0.25A, will they be able to handle 24V AC 1.5A (the transformer I've bought provides this)? Or do I need to replace the wires somehow, possibly by just taping them to the old wires and pulling them through?

Thanks

Reply to Wiring Ring Pro using existing intercom wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Amateur with no experience here - bought a Ring doorbell in the sale assuming I would just switch it out for my doorbell by removing and...
Replies
Views
I have an old 3 wire intercom station which I removed, and purchased a new one. Happens that the new one has 4 wires. Is it possible to connect my...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock