Discuss Would these directional spotlights work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DanUK

-
Reaction score
Hi all. I know this is probably a stupid question but this isn’t my forte and I’d rather not waste £20 unnecessarily so thank you for any help.

I have these specific lights which use “puck” connectors. There are a couple of slots spare.
Lovebay led Cabinet Lights Set of 8, Warm White Under Cabinet Light Kit, Display Lights for cabinets, 2w led Lights kit for Kitchen, Closet, Counter, Cupboard, Shelf, Wardrobe and More (C Set of 8) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08SBPL...abc_5VFF9QK5QPTEKJWBHK0C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’m looking for some directional spotlights. Pretty dim and these look ideal. However they are 1w and I think it looks like puck connectors although it doesn’t say. Theoretically, should these work?

Small Recessed Mini Spotlight 4-Pack, 1W LED Ceiling Spotlight Swivel Mini Recessed LED Downlight Aluminum Spot LED Set with Transformer Warm White for Wine Cabinet/Cupboard/Kitchen/Living Room -Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P5S4...abc_6DTGKVPFD16M3FBTYHP5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for any help!

I don't think they are compatible. The lights in your first link look like they share a constant-voltage PSU (of unspecified voltage) via the hub, whereas the mini spots in the second link are shown with individual 300mA constant-current drivers. Having the same connector is no guarantee of compatibility.

The spots could probably be operated in series from the hub by the addition of a suitable current-setting resistor. A certain amount of testing and understanding of the electrical details would be required.

Better would be to find out the voltage at which the existing lights operate and choose suitable spots of the same voltage, with equal or lower current consumption to avoid overloading the PSU feeding the hub.

Reply to Would these directional spotlights work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net