Discuss Zanussi Oven - trips Fuse in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all.

I was after a little help as our Zanussi built in oven keeps tripping the fuse for the house. It basically knocks out all the downstairs plugs. I cleaned it the other day and it did the same but I turned it on a low heat and left it and then it seemed to fix it.

Today I cooked bacon under the grill and it happened again but drying it out for four hours didn't make a difference. I took the back of the oven off to get to the element but this looks dry and the fan doesn't have any damage. I did notice that the element doesn't have a third prong for earth like various videos show.

I also noticed that the light that usually lights up when the oven is heating up (pilot light??) is always on even if the oven is off.

If I turn the oven to light or defrost mode (fan no heat) it's fine. it's as soon as the oven or grill is turned on or if I leave the temp dial up and the oven dial to off

Guessing its the thermostat, switch or element? Any ideas

post you location. one of us may be close to you.

Element most likely, could also be the fan.

The way these things are built these days, most likely to be cheaper to replace than attempt to repair.

you will need to get hold of an insulation/continuity tester. test element for continuity, end to end . should be somewhere between 20 - 30 ohms. then test element to earth with the IR tester. anything under 10 Megohms, it's goosed.

Cheers. Just took it apart and disconnected the oven element. The grill works ok and the light only comes on when we try and heat it up. I'll replace the element and see where we go from there. I guess it's that or the cabling and it all looked ok from my limit knowledge

e-spares. There are other on-line parts suppliers. I've got two spare elements for my Hotpoint range oven, which are unfortunately are of no use to me, now that we binned that heap of trash into the skip.

Reply to Zanussi Oven - trips Fuse in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock