Discuss 16th, Moving lighting over to RCD side? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

On a Split load board installed to the 16th ed, when now doing work in bathrooms, for example fitting downlights and having to have that lighting circuit RCD protected is there any reason why you cant just move that circuit over to the RCD side of the board, You would still have the seperation of circuits as it would be leaving the untouched downstairs lights on the main switch side,

I know that if you didnt split the circuits evenly then the majority of the circuits (Being RCD protected) would trip most the house out.. Which isnt a good thing,

Alternitivly i could fit an RCBO as most are thinking, But is there a set rule on how many circuits can be split on a 16th board.. is there a percentage or just try to get it as 50/50 as you can..?

RCBO easy route to take.As for load it should be in theory 50 /50 taking into account max demand,floor area.I do mine as most with 1 RCD doing downstairs ring and upstairs lights and other RCD doing upstairs ring and downstairs light,whats left I will split as even as I can across the remaining .

Very good consumer unit guide on the Hager website just google it and you will go straight to it.

Reply to 16th, Moving lighting over to RCD side? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
I have a client with what appears to be an intermitent fault on the lighting, but trips the power. The installation has a 16th edition board with...
Replies
Views
Good Evening. I’m currently carrying out an EICR. I have a cooker circuit radial with a 32amp mcb fed from and RCD split board. There is a 45amp...
Replies
Views
Did a couple of inspections on 2 x 2 bed ground floor flood damaged flats today, only 4 circuits in each, bizarrely one socket circuit and 2...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock