Discuss 2008 toyota yaris headlights working sporadically. not caused by the fuse or the switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
my car is having a problem with the headlights. i’m not a car person so i had my dad and my friend have a look at it, both of them work on cars a lot and know quite a bit. they had a look at the fuse box, saw the one for the headlights was missing, and used a spare to replace it. the lights turned on and seemed to be working. that night i drove home from work and they weren’t working again, so i took it to an auto electrician the next day, and they replaced the switch. they said it was working again. that night i drove home from work, and again, they weren’t working. i called them and let them know and took it in the next day, and they said that they werent working at first, but then they started working and wouldn’t play up. they couldn’t figure out what was causing it. i drove home from work again that night and guess what, they weren’t working. only the parking lights come on. the high beams work, but i feel like a real -------- driving with them on. anyone got any ideas what it could be?

ETA: it’s also not the bulbs, both work fine

Change the headlight relay, it’s a plug in unit and a cheep diy fix.
9/10 chance it will fix your problem.

Reply to 2008 toyota yaris headlights working sporadically. not caused by the fuse or the switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The air conditioning on my Vauxhall Astra J has stopped working and I'm running out of ideas on how to fix it. Steps so far: The compressor clutch...
Replies
Views
The symptoms its been having to start with was the fuel gage only working sometimes and when i play music from my phone when a loud song came on...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
This from a while ago but reading about everyone elses problems tonight made me remember this one. The original job was the lights in a recent...
Replies
Views
A friend of the family recently lost her husband to the big C so I need to be careful. Every small thing is sending her into tears so when her...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock