Discuss 208 Voltage too low for machine in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

Here is an 8 minute video on the Rottler 5 axis machine cutter - very impressive.
First, I have to thank you for all the help on this. Its greatly appreciated.
Heres what it came down to : limited time , and trying to avoid paying for another transformer. The Rottler technician will be there Monday. So i basically had one shot to get that boost i needed. I decided to explain to the customer my plan of changing taps on the transformer to get some voltage increase I told them that 5% was the max deviation. that its mot safe foe other machines if the difference is greater than that.
They said to try that. So changing the taps wasnt as hard as i thought . I changed the taps from position 5 (480) to position 3 (456)z
the result was a 10V increase at the panel and at the machine. i showed the customer the voltage at the points in the manual and now we wait for the technician mondqy,

Attachments

• 5BECEC23-A732-4B5E-8330-4D329C821249.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 0E0EDE3D-8BCF-405B-9E7E-3E7D21F2F0B5.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 9
Greetings from London. Thank you for the update- much appreciated by all in the EF. The photo is welcome because it shows some of our less experienced members what tap changers look like inside a power transformer.

We looking forward to the next update.

🙂

Last edited:
Very useful advice. I think I'll try it,I have encountered a similar problem recently, and I am trying to solve it
Greetings from London. Please would you tell us more and how you fixed the problem? Some background with voltage measurements before and after would be appreciated. And we love pictures. I suggest you edit your profile to remove your address.

HEXx99 - I just wondered if the power supply issue for the Rottler had been resolved and how?
Hello I apologize for not updating. I get sidetracked. Let me see where I left off...oh right, so I changed the taps in the transformer and was able to increase voltage. (if anyone reading doesn't know when you decrease Voltage on the primary side, it will increase on the secondary, and vice versa) I didnt know and had to change the taps twice .😂 So that Monday the technician did come and everything looked good for the inspection and passed. Meaning there's still a warranty if anything should happen to the machine which was the main concern as these are pretty expensive pieces of equipment. I was also there yesterday and they told me happily that they had used it since id been there last and everything worked great. So, again, I really appreciate yours and everyone elses help. It means a lot. I was almost in a panic for a bit there as time was a factor, and not much of it to spare. THANK YOU!

Reply to 208 Voltage too low for machine in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net