Discuss Accreditation of installations > 50 kWp in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yves,

The rules are simple it is down to the eligibility date, which if you are going down the roo-fit roof I am sure that you are fully aware off, or at least your project manager flipping well ought to be! - It is THE most important date that we have been pointing out to our customers re teh 1st August cut-off date.

From the rules:

The Eligibility Date is defined as the later of the following dates:
a) A FIT supplier received a written request for FIT registration,
b) Ofgem received a request for ROO-FIT accreditation, or
c) The commissioning date of the installation
For example, if the installation had commissioned on 1 September 2010 and the application for FIT was received on 15 September 2010 by the FIT Licensee, the correct Eligibility Date for that installation is 15 September 2010. Electricity produced and exported prior to this date is not eligible for FIT payments.

Our pdf which we issue to our customers to explain it is attached. View attachment OFGEM-FITorROO-FIT_WorcesterRenewables_Ltd.pdf
View attachment OFGEM-FITorROO-FIT_WorcesterRenewables_Ltd.pdfView attachment OFGEM-FITorROO-FIT_WorcesterRenewables_Ltd.pdf

Thanks a lot for these information
I'm aware of the 1st august cut-off date, if the installation is commissioned before this date it will be eligible for current FITs right ?

Not nescessarily, you need to have submitted a valid application via the Renweables and CHP Register.
And the DNO has signed it off - they witness our commissioning sessions, nominal charge, easy to work with.

Whats the exact process for getting the eligibility date, I know its the latter of the three points-
i) accreditation from Ofgem (or preliminary accreditation)
ii) commissioning
iii) receipt by the FIT supplier of agreed terms from the FIT licensee

My question is more does the site have to be connected to the grid, can the commissioning be done just not connected to grid (the DNO is worrying me they are stacked out and I'm worried they wont get there). Do the DNO's allow commissioning tests to be done via an approved contractor thus negating the witness test? I know that EON West were offering this.

We have preliminary accreditation, the site is under construction and will be ready for commissioning second week in July.

I just dont know if the Supplier will want to see witness test results in order to give a FIT agreement rather than just commissioning sheets?

Reply to Accreditation of installations > 50 kWp in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net