Discuss Adaptable box with front entry. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not really an option here, but Flexishield is available in white, it pretty tough, has a shield so no RCD requirements, stays in place, UV resistant, can be used with while IP68 nylon glands, etc, etc.

But max CSA is 6mm and an expensive option if you can't get it by the metre.

The gate is now fixed so I will need some advice on the conduit and bends etc. it’s 10mm T&E I’m just looking to tidy it up and either do 90 bends or some sort of Wiska Boxes. Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• A99FA24F-DF2F-4A91-B8B4-796334017906.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 47CC3F9C-E0F2-4ABC-A8ED-0E8FE7D08692.jpeg
    710.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 98307D15-0D00-4F3C-9E01-9DE6A4865A29.jpeg
    693.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 42626F7F-48E4-4D89-A0D5-E8267DE7D279.jpeg
    582.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 47F55432-615A-4198-B749-6A3A1A6E7015.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 16
Don't put pvc conduit back on that. It looks amateur to begin with and looks even worse after a year or 2 of weather. If you are absolutley insistent on using conduit use steel, can be painted black to match the gate and lasts far longer than black pvc conduit

Don't put pvc conduit back on that. It looks amateur to begin with and looks even worse after a year or 2 of weather. If you are absolutley insistent on using conduit use steel, can be painted black to match the gate and lasts far longer than black pvc conduit

It was put in place as a temporary measure as we needed a cable to feed the garage. I will look at steel conduit. I don’t own a bending machine and I would image a 90 would be hard to pull 10mm T&E in.

I was thinking End box from the house, down into another end box and then see if I can find something with a thread on that I can have a straight piece for across the gate. Then another angle box straight across into the last end box into the garage.

I’ve never painted steel conduit. Would any metal paint do? Or is there a specific type that is needed?

As I say I’m open to suggestions with steel conduit.

It was put in place as a temporary measure as we needed a cable to feed the garage. I will look at steel conduit. I don’t own a bending machine and I would image a 90 would be hard to pull 10mm T&E in.

I was thinking End box from the house, down into another end box and then see if I can find something with a thread on that I can have a straight piece for across the gate. Then another angle box straight across into the last end box into the garage.

I’ve never painted steel conduit. Would any metal paint do? Or is there a specific type that is needed?

You can get a threaded lid for steel conduit, you could put an end box on and thread it straight into the lid, although 10mm t and e is going to be awkward no matter which way you do it. I believe hammerite will take to galvanised metal but I stand to be corrected.

You can get a threaded lid for steel conduit, you could put an end box on and thread it straight into the lid, although 10mm t and e is going to be awkward no matter which way you do it. I believe hammerite will take to galvanised metal but I stand to be corrected.

Have you got a link to it? Or the best place to buy it from?

That's a 20mm but they are available in 25mm also. Not sure I'd buy with this company though, pretty poor experiences with them.

Okay thanks I will have a look online. I will see who out of the wholesalers is the best priced. Also I will need a tap and die set.

If you are insistent on not burying get a few lengths of 25mm galv tube and the appropriate fittings in con lock you won’t need a bender of dia set then

If you are insistent on not burying get a few lengths of 25mm galv tube and the appropriate fittings in con lock you won’t need a bender of dia set then

I know what you mean about burying the cable. It would be a bit of hassle trying to lift up the blocks as they’ve been cemented in. I’ve not heard of con lock. Where would be the best place to get it from?

I know what you mean about burying the cable. It would be a bit of hassle trying to lift up the blocks as they’ve been cemented in. I’ve not heard of con lock. Where would be the best place to get it from?
Cef Hyton stocks it basically it it conduit box’s and bends with a Alan key to lock in place and not threaded

Search "conlok" in Google or any other reputable search engine and lots of UK results will be returned.

It may be that individual CEF branches stock the stuff, but it's not listed on their website.

Reply to Adaptable box with front entry. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net