Discuss advice needed re electrician problems in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

thx , one of my mates has just text saying she has an electrician that's offered to come look and give a quote this wk ill see what he says, im having no problems with power cuts etc and ive got a new consumer box which I thought would trip lots of there was any major prbs or is that wishful thinking , thx for the offer high tower, brum isn't too far from me, if you want to come look and give me a quote that would be great or shall I wait and see what this other guy says

Yea were not far away, we work in leamington quite a bit, we re-fitted Altoria about 12 months ago.

See what this other spark says, I would howeve try and get LABC involved and see if they will take the firm to task!

thx high tower, I think ill see what this electrician says before I go reporting this company , he might say its fine, can finish off some things and sort other bits out and as long as its under what I still owe them and not out of pocket, then I will get it done and not report them as im worried about any come backs , they have left their ladders here so not sure what they will do about them as ive been told they are good ones lol , ive had tiler from hell too and havin to have all my bathroom retiled next wk, now this, what next ?

thx , one of my mates has just text saying she has an electrician that's offered to come look and give a quote this wk ill see what he says, im having no problems with power cuts etc and ive got a new consumer box which I thought would trip lots of there was any major prbs or is that wishful thinking , thx for the offer high tower, brum isn't too far from me, if you want to come look and give me a quote that would be great or shall I wait and see what this other guy says

wishful thinking im afraid,
if it isnt wired properly you could still have faults without tripping any breakers.

would It be easy to test to see if its been done right or not, im getting really worried now ive given them quite a lot of money already and I don't have enough to do it all again only whats left to pay them when they had finished

I genuinely feel sorry for you as looking at their work it is totally unprofessional and unacceptable from any "electrician" -- which I guess they arent! Just looking at the prices they quote for the work they do has alarm bells ringing. At those prices I suggest they dont know what they are doing or are cutting corners somewhere! Cowboys is a term that springs to mind.

You will get the corrrect advice from members on here and any one of them will do a professional job should you need them but I fear there could be quite a bit of work involved in correcting what has been done.

I know it doesnt help you but for whoever on here is is looking into the scheme/competency thing, then education of the public only to use fully registered "electricians" (and effective policing of work completed) could prove more beneficial than hounding the scheme providers!

just update, managed to get another electrician in to some repairs and check electrics and give me a cert

he found the lounge socket not working cos it had been wired into itself lol

the underfloor heating socket hadn't even been connected to anything

the ceiling spot lights had been wired too close inside ceiling and some wires had started to burn so hes sorted that out and hes told me to get led bulbs , which im doing

so im happy that I got someone else in now

I think I was a bit too premature with last message cos within 10 mins of that I had knock on door from neighbour, someone at 4 am in a hoody smashed my car up with 2 chucks of wood from my skip,and I have my suspicions its these electricians, cos my daughter told me 2 days ago owner of company rang her hubby as they know him asking for the last payment I owed him, but cos I got someone else in after his text telling me to do this I had already pd these other electricians , he told him I had done this and don't have the money now and he admitted the lad he had sent had done really bad job but he was out of pocket and I would pay in the long run, coincidence or not ? anyway police cant do anything on comments like that over a phone call, no one to identify himÂŁ either , so If it was them its cost me 200 excess and a claim on ins so im fuming, how can someone do that to anyone and worse cos im a single mother with a daughter that's havin bullyin issues and panic attacks too ,wicked

I sympathise with what has happened,I really do
Unfortunately we live in a world where the unsavoury characters are numerous and sometimes encouraged

Money and making a profit plays such a huge part in the priorities of people these days that compassion and assistance for your fellow human being is getting eroded very fast

I live in a part of the world that was once a caring tight community,but even here the bitterness of todays culture is taking hold
Do not be too dispondent,there are still some around who would help you ease your problems,not all are of the mentality of the thug you engaged,so best wishes to you and be content that your actions were right even though there was a price for you to pay

Im scared in my own home now and considering selling house once I get it finished, they are thugs and bullies, my son in law thinks that will be it now and they wont do anything else, they have caused me inconvenience lost me excess and scared me, all cos they did a crap job and when I complained got abusive and told me to keep money owing and get someone else in. they did get paid a huge chunk

forgot to add they hadn't wired my lights to earth in the new box either

going to try put it behind me see how I feel once house is finished and maybe move if can afford it

Reply to advice needed re electrician problems in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net