Discuss advice needed re electrician problems in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkle333

im having my house renovated at the moment and seem to be getting lots of probs with various workmen, the latest being electricians , they have done so many things wrong and ive had to have them back a few times to sort out problems, ive had a new consumer unit put in lots of new sockets added in my house and a new extension built so they have done all the electrics for all the work needed , the kitchen sockets were all at different heights ,my cooker isolator had been put in the extractor hood , ive got a new lounge socket not working, new bell works intermittently , sockets in landing and my bedroom all uneven and looking mess, electric socket for my underfloor mat was put in bathroom. broken floor boards left everywhere and not nailed back down, a few other workmen have told me some of the work isn't good, the have left mess in my house every time they have come, wires left all over floor and plaster, they are mainly exhibition electricians and i think they don't have any idea about how to work in peoples houses r to talk to customers, ive asked them to come back and sort these jobs for me cos I need my cert , he got very nasty and swore at me in text and told me hes not coming back cos fed up of coming back and other trade men should keep their noses out of his business. what im worried about now is getting a cert to get my extension signed off, I have some pics too, any advice would be helpful thx

Were they the cheapest??

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get a certificate on completion??

no I haven't got a cert off them as they haven't finished the job, they were reasonable cos knew my son I law so more mates rates I think,but I only got 1 other quote which was ÂŁ100 more so haven't got much to compare with ill try add some pics

think you need 6 posts before you can add pics.

I just tried and it wouldn't let me, do u just want photos of sockets or floor boards etc they damaged

get 3 more posts in, then you can post pics. just post pics. of what you've said. inc. damaged floorboards.

OK, so he' says he's not coming back, you then have 25% of the money to get it put right. i'd be inclined to get an independent electrician to have a look at it before doing anything else.

yes that's about right and I need a cert , would someone else do a cert for someone elses work

the photo box is now opening up and allowin me to put a pic in it then nothing happens help lol

nothing is happening just letting me add photo link and does nothing, im not very techno minded im afraid could it be file is too big

save pics to desktop in low resolution. then upload to forum using the insert image icon.

sorry I don't know how to save to my desk top in low resolution way beyond me lol, just know how to add to my photo album im afraid

Put them on Instagram or something similar then post the link up on here

You should be able to attach images to your posts. If you're using the quick reply text box click this button untitled2.jpg then under the 'from computer' tab click choose, a browse window appears so you can find the image on your PC, once you have done that the 'upload file' button will attach it in-line in your post.

Your images need to be <200kb because there's a size limit.

its not even opening up the window to upload a file now. could I email them for u to add, sorry to be a pain, ive tried to add a pic of me in my profile and cant, what a carry on, thx

Reply to advice needed re electrician problems in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net