Discuss Advise needed - Wiring Up Room Thermostat in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
Well.... without wishing to ask an awkward question, have you read the instructions in the box for the new unit or consulted the manufacturers website?

paul_h

Regular EF Member
Is it a combi boiler you are wiring this new one into?
If so and I may be wrong but I'd need to have another wire at stat position. Live/neutral. Then from the "link" in the boiler, a flex/cable going to common (brown for example) then Blue to no contacts. It may be possible to link live to common depending if the boiler is 230v switched..... But I'd check with manufacturer as new controller may not take 230v switching...

Marvo

Admin and gender confused
Staff member
Admin
I'm assuming you're not an electrician Andy so I've moved this to the DIY section for you.

OP
A

Andy Guest

Well.... without wishing to ask an awkward question, have you read the instructions in the box for the new unit or consulted the manufacturers website?
Hehe thanks for reply , yes checked there website and instructions but wanted to be sure that I got this correct before wiring up, I post a pic of what boiler we have if that will help, and I contact manufacturer see if they can help. Thanks

OP
A

Andy Guest

Thanks, I upload boiler info in a bit, Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk