Discuss Alarm door contacts Help!!!! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Remember designing the pcb for the Logic 4.......so glad we have software to route it now...!!

wasn't that the key operated panel that preceded the optima? and then came A1 panels, omnichronic. what a load of crap those were.

Last edited:
Optima and A1 Omicron 6000, 7000 was new technology and processors locked up, later we used nvm and watchdog circuits to sort them out....so came optima xl and omicron 8000

Forgot about lacing. Remember I had a load condemned because I used me tacker ! Reckon Tazz etched each Logic 4 pcb by hand. Galaxy was still the best IMHO. When they first came out, so flexible and support was great

Think the big A company made Galaxy a success......tracks by hand not Quite....but they were all assembled in a liitle back street shop in Liverpool.......now its a very big factory owned by Honeywell just down the road...

Thanks guys, so let me clarify this. each contact is simply a zone at the panel (2 connections), then at the door contact I connect 1 core to each of the silver terminals that are connected by a resistor across them? Thus ignoring the other 3 brass terminals at the door contact?
So no tamper connections are required?

It's a reed switch , not a resistor .:)

One important factor in this thread is in my mind, the fact that a tamper loop on the door contact provides double pole protection to the device, if an attempt is made to short out the wiring to prevent the contact from working, a fault condition will be generated. A single pole pair to the device will just stop working if the wiring is shorted out.

As for old alarms, I can go back to the days of end of line batteries, relays, circuit wire, foil, tube and wire frames, infra red rays, and inertia's.....it is much easier nowadays with programmable control units !!! Feeling rather old now :whatchutalkingabout

good point, there is also another feature which most installers miss, which is pos and neg applied triggering, if you short the tamper to the zone loop it will activate, will also trigger when pos or neg is applied to zone. If you remember this is how you fitted pressure mats.

Reply to Alarm door contacts Help!!!! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net