Discuss Magnetic door holder in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi looking for some help on magnet door holder
Have a door in a hotel that requires to be held back on wall with magnet and released on fire alarm activation.can only wire of nearest sounder as panel to far away .it's ctec 24 volt conventional system.undure how to carry out wiring to relay and PSU .I have a 5amp relay plate and 220v/13v PSU any help on this would be greatly appreciated PsS a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated đź‘Ť

Have a door in a hotel that requires to be held back on wall with magnet and released on fire alarm activation.can only wire of nearest sounder as panel to far away .it's ctec 24 volt conventional system.undure how to carry out wiring to relay and PSU .I have a 5amp relay plate and 220v/13v PSU any help on this would be greatly appreciated PsS a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated đź‘Ť
You could use one of these instead

agrippa sound activated fire door holder

You’ll need a 24v NC relay…. (Normally closed) so it’s ON, and allowing power to the magnet.

On the alarm, 24v from the sounder will trigger the relay to open, thus cutting power to the magnet.

With your PSU, if you’ve already got it, you’ll need a 12v magnet.

There is no interconnection between the relay coil at 24v and the switching contacts at 12

You’ll need a 24v NC relay…. (Normally closed) so it’s ON, and allowing power to the magnet.

On the alarm, 24v from the sounder will trigger the relay to open, thus cutting power to the magnet.

There is no interconnection between the relay coil at 24v and the switching contacts at 12

Hi thanks for reply not sure if that PSU is ok as I require 24 volts says 12v 13.8 v output
Not sure on wiring connections to relay, Will I require 24 v to supply relay .

Attachments

• Screenshot (129).png
    603.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (130).png
    1 MB · Views: 12
If I were you, I would stay clear of this job.
alternatively, fit magnet, run fp cable back to main panel (even though it is not easy)
leave it for the fire alarm company to connect, test and certify.
unless of course you are qualified and insured to install fire alarms?

Well that threw me off a bit. OPs profile says he’s in Australia.

Check that PSU, I’m sure the box there says output 12v/24v DC…. Not very clear photo.

The relay has NC connections, so basically acts as a switch between Common and NC, and switching to Common and NO when power is applied to the supply + and - above. Although it doesn’t state on the terminals what voltage to use.

Reply to Magnetic door holder in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net