Discuss Apprentice needs some info please about a 4kw solar PV system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chrisp

Hey, I have been set some homework and I am really struggling to find out the information i need so i thought this may be the place to get some help.

I need to list all materials needed to install a 4kw Solar PV system and also the price/cost of everything needed.

This may look like a lazy way of doing homework but I have been looking for the last hour and cant find alot out.

thankyou in advance to any replys

:D

Yes it is a lazy way IMO. You will find that most members don't mind assisting and pointing things out but as for doing the work for you now that's a different matter.

Why don't you attempt to answer the question then I'm sure some members will help with the finer details.

As I have said, I have been looking for the relative information for the past hour and all I keep finding is websites trying to sell me a solar pv system. I thought about it and the best people to ask would be those who install them, therefore a forum IMO is probably the best way to finding the answers I am looking for. Im not asking for anyone to do the work for me, just looking for some help.

http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/images/PV%20Book%20ELECTRONIC.pdf

Have a read through this, it's not comprehensive but a very good start to give a guide as to what's needed, especially for a domestic system

I guess the pricing issue is that most suppliers don't advertise prices to public.

for the purposes of course work, Navitron would be a reasonable one stop shop for pricing for most kit needed as they do sell to non trade as well.

Reply to Apprentice needs some info please about a 4kw solar PV system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net