Discuss Bosch 10.8v! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andrew692003

Anyone here seen/tried this tool out?

Bosch GOP10.8V-Li 10.8V Li-Ion Multi-Cutter (2x 1.3Ah Li-Ion) *NEW* - Power Tools, Multi-Tools / MultiTools, Cordless / Battery

I have the 10.8v drill which is a great little tool that I wouldn't be without. I have the 240v Fein Multimaster which is a great tool but most of the time the boys have it in another van so thought this might be a good option.

I would mostly use this tool for cutting boxes out in skirtings and lathe and plaster in old houses but not too sure if the battery would hold up!

Any thoughts or experiences would be great!

Cheers

I have heard that the battery only lasts about 10min whilst in constant use. Buy another fein and just keep it in your van ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chees! Just thought it would be something small and light that would be handy now and again. If I was on a bigger job then I would probably have the Fein with me but the likes of yesterday cutting out a double box in 'v' lining with a padsaw was a total pain in the arse after using the multimaster! :)

I know I only ever cut boxes out with the multimaster, even had the builder asking to use " that funny looking tool thingy " for cutting the laminate floor tight to the wall :D

Hi mate, I bought the Bosch one originally and after using it to cut one floorboard the battery went flat. I was convinced it must be faulty and even had the unit and battery replaced. However the second one was the same so it went on eBay. I replaced with a Fein multimaster in 110v and loved it so much so I bought a second one in 240v for when I am on a domestic job.

Cheers for that eskimo!! I would probably just use it for cutting out boxes etc, just small jobs really. I'm not surprised it didn't last too long cutting floorboards but I have an 18v Dewalt Circular for that kinda job.

This is all good info tho guyz!

Cheers

I've gone ahead and purchased the multitool! £135 delivered, good deal I thought!

seems a good price, having been thinking about getting one myself for ages now.... any chance you could send us link where that is from please?

Hi All,
You can get the Bosch in 240v and although it's Bosch 'green' works OK and is around £70.
I have one it's the PMF 180E and also cut in boxes etc.

Cheers
Lofty

Okay lads, I've been using the Bosch multitool allday for cutting small hatches through plasterboard, v-lining etc. IMO excellent tool that I will probably always use time and again. The batteries seem to last quite well after all how long do you really expect a 10.8v battery to last. Good thing is you get 2 and purchasing another is not expensive. They also charge fully within half an hour.

Honestly lads if you're out jobbing this is a handy tool to have no more padsaw for me, well less likely to use that now. Certainly worth the £130-£140!!

Obviously it will cut a floorboard but once you've done 1 more than likely that'll wear the battery out but great for cutting single and double boxes etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Nice one Andy,I ve got the drill,impact driver and right angle driver that I bought a year ago and had no probs with. Unfortunatly my father in law got me the bosch green multi cutter and as a DIY tool its great,but Im a trades man,so its crap .But dont tell him.Will swap it for a blue one ,once the divorce comes through!

Thank's guy's for your input on this. I'm looking at getting one, i have the screwdriver,impact driver and angle driver, but i think i will sell my angle screw driver as i have never used it. The normal driver is small enough for me i'm no kitchen fitter so ive never had a need and when i did on some tight sockets and telepone points in a shop counter i was doing the other week i couldnt be arsed to go back to the van to get it so used a flexy driver. Because i dont have much use for it i leave it on the van to stop it getting s**t up.
if anyone want's it before i fleabay it pm me.
thanks for the review Andy + others

Reply to Bosch 10.8v! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net