Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which in turn got less votes than did leave from a referendum with a clear question.
There, really lies the issue. The original vote leave option meant different things for different people and three years down the line with more information available, for the sake of democracy, there should be another vote to decide on any new deal, complete shot in the dark no deal or remain.

Slight hint in the EU polls. Farage got less votes than the revoke article 50 petition.

You couldn't vote in the EU elections from your keyboard
And the doubts, facts and dodgy multiple signings of that petition make it less than representative
But if you must clutch at straws

Slight hint in the EU polls. Farage got less votes than the revoke article 50 petition.

Hint #2.

E.U Poll was a strictly controlled system of voting ensuring only those eligeable to vote actually voted.

Revoke petition was an uncontrolled Internet petition accessible to anyone in the World as many times as they wanted.

A8551EC2-D788-4CE3-8283-E99030D3F69C.jpeg

There, really lies the issue. The original vote leave option meant different things for different people and three years down the line with more information available, for the sake of democracy, there should be another vote to decide on any new deal, complete shot in the dark no deal or remain.
Here’s one they prepared earlier FatAl!

And the doubts, facts and dodgy multiple signings of that petition make it less than representative
Ok then. Clear vote last night for remain parties ahead of Brexit.

There, really lies the issue. The original vote leave option meant different things for different people politicians and three years down the line with more information available, for the sake of democracy, there should be another vote to decide on any new deal, complete shot in the dark no deal or remain.

Corrected that for you

Leave or remain was quite a clear cut question
Was remain with a deal to change the EU an option ahhh thought not

As minority politics seems to prevail
if the referendum result was reversed would all these MP's be arguing that the views of the 48% of leave voters should be considered I doubt it

bloody politicians. we didn't f*ck about leaving at Dunkirk, obviously because politicians weren't allowed to vote/debate the issue. F*ck the eu.

and it's only draught beer that's sold in pints. cans and bottles are in mL. spirits were 1/6 gill/measure. not anymore. and have you seen all the signs that have sprung up on motorways? each exactly 0.5kM spacing.

some supermarkets still sell milk in pints, but most are in litres.
Maybe it’s an area thing?
Every Tescos, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Lidl, Morrison, CoOp and BP garage I go to in East London and West Essex Seles milk in pints or multiples of pints.
It’s very rare that I see milk sold in litres, perhaps twice in 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
i rarely visit supermarkets. it's a man thing. leave it up to 'er inddoors. milk in local spar is 2.20 for 2 x 2L, so it's not worth firing up the van for a 14 mile round trip just to save 30p.

Not really. I think the online voting system was proved as being pretty robust unlike the clear social media pro leave manipulation that the public has been bombarded with over the last 40 odd years.

Ok then. Clear vote last night for remain parties ahead of Brexit.

Really, a low turnout, voter apathy and politicians making claims they cannot substantiate

The electorate voted to leave and then voted to keep a flaky conservative government in office to run the brexit process the end result has been the petty bickering of politicians who seems to think the leavers lack education and the ability to research what they are not being told by narrow minded politicians who have their own agenda and they have ended up not delivering BREXIT after 3 years. How do you motivate all the electorate after that catalogue of failings

Given we should have left the EU did the leavers stay at home and not bother to vote

Always amazes me how politicians big everything up when they are ahead even when using shallow facts

Not really. I think the online voting system was proved as being pretty robust unlike the clear social media pro leave manipulation that the public has been bombarded with over the last 40 odd years.

Facebook founded 2004
Twitter founded 2006

Personally, in the long run, I doubt whether leaving or staying in the EU will make much difference, to me or the country as a whole.
However, in the short term, I believe it’s going to be a disaster.
Just got to survive for another 10 years, then I can retire.

and it's only draught beer that's sold in pints. cans and bottles are in mL. spirits were 1/6 gill/measure. not anymore. and have you seen all the signs that have sprung up on motorways? each exactly 0.5kM spacing.

some supermarkets still sell milk in pints, but most are in litres.

I've noticed signs approaching junctions are appearing with distances in Metres rather than yards

I've noticed signs approaching junctions are appearing with distances in Metres rather than yards
we're all doomed. started with decimalisation. give us a shilling for the metre. meter.

On major roads and motorways the signs used to be at 1m ........ they are now at about 600m or about 1 km ........ no wonder people make last minute lane changes!

motorway distance signs are still all in miles up in the civilised world north of birmingham.

what made us laught last year was a major diversion on A roads for 6 months , the diversion signs were all in Polish.

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net