Discuss C&G 2351 lvl 3... where do I stand?!?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tag

To cut a long story short, about 4-5 years ago I dropped a JTL course for personal reasons. Now I'm doing a domestic installers course with access 2 trade careers.

The problem I have is this; I have dug out 4 certificates City & Guilds 2351 (see images) from my old course notes that was in storage.

Could this part p domestic installers course be a complete waste of time and most importantly MONEY?

What do I need to do to become a fully qualified electrician? :confused:

please advise

Attachments

• C&G Cert1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 199
  • C&G Cert2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 131
  • C&G Cert3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 122
  • C&G Cert4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 146
After looking at this...http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...g-definitions-approved-electrician-grade.html

All I need is this?;

4) Must have demonstrated competence and obtained a suitable qualification (the City & Guilds 2391 is a suitable qualification) in the inspection, testing and commissioning of installations

Am I right or am I wrong?

Edit;

1) Must have been a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work.

YES.

2) Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent) - see Note 1

YES. See my pics

3) Must have had two years experience as an Electrician subsequent to the satisfactory completion of training and immediately prior to the application for this grade.

YES.

4) Must have demonstrated competence and obtained a suitable qualification (the City & Guilds 2391 is a suitable qualification) in the inspection, testing and commissioning of installations - see Note 2.

NO.... so is this all I need to be an 'Approved Electrician'????????

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont need the 2391

i am doing that now its for testing and inspecting

approved is harder to get then an electricians grade and even alot of people seem to be finding it hard to get that grade even with the qualifications

is the 2351 the multi choice one

i think i got that one as well the college let us do it for free when i did my 2360

its all changed now pm me and i will let you know more

If I remember correctly I think it was... so these papers mean nothing??? It is a level 3 NVQ? So does this mean I can apply for a job as an electrician? And what about JIB, could I apply for an 'electrician' grade JIB card....?

i am in the same situation as yourself. you need to complete a nvq3 which is a on-site portfolio of work so you can achieve jib electrician grading, you can do this most colleges or a fast-track scheme online at quickstep or delta training.

did you pass all eight units of the 2351?

the only certs I have are the ones I posted = 4 passes? just went to my local college and the guy I spoke to said that he 'thinks' I just need to do an AM2... but he said he will have a word with a colleague who knows a lot more about this sort of thing.

8 units? isn't the first 4 for level 2??? not sure

i will have a look when i get home to see if that is the c&g number that i did 2351that the college let us do for free

jib will tell you more about the level

but if it is the same one i did for free then it was not that important because i cant even recall the c&g number

I looked on the JIB site and their grading definitions it seems 2351 was replaced by the 2330.

The problem I'm having is that I may have been con'd by access2trades. I was convinced that the course works towards the 'approved electrician' when it's only a part p in domestics....

Upon finding these certs 'might' mean I'm a fraction away from being a electrician. Wasting my time and bloody money!!!

hello, do you know if the exams you have taken alreay would be the same as the city & guilds 2360 part 1, which was replaced in 2004 by city & guilds 2330 levels 1 & 2??

hello, do you know if the exams you have taken alreay would be the same as the city & guilds 2360 part 1, which was replaced in 2004 by city & guilds 2330 levels 1 & 2??

I'm not sure to be honest. What I do know is the 2330 is the 'up-to-date' version of 2351.

i looked at home and i have the 2351
its the multi choice one it is a level 3
the college let me do it for free the same time i took the 2360 and 16th edition
i think now the 2360 is replaced by the 2330
i think the college let us do that as well because some of the students found the 2360 exam tuff and that was multi choice which was easier anyway if you have that you still need the regs 17th edition

So to be graded as an electrician all I need is the 2382-10 lvl 3 cert (17th)?

I've been had!!!! Stupid ******* access2trades!!! ARG!!!

of course you have to do the regs

they must have told you that

its 17th now some on the forum are saying soon to be 18th edition

The 17th is part of the course but we don't do that until we pass the EAL VRQ lvl2 cert in domestics (waste of my time)...

We should also be doing;
2392-10 lvl 2
2391-10 lvl 3
2377-12 lvl 3

And do you know what I paid to do this course? 5,495..... yes you heard me....

Finding out the EAL VRQ lvl2 is in fact useless to me I will be putting in a official letter of complaint and get my money back. I told the agent that I did over 3 years as an apprentice and he said it didn't matter.....-----!

Just got off the dog and bone to one of the guys at access2trades. The VRQ I'm training for is lower than the qualifications I already have....great.

He said in the second module (final part of the VRQ) they cover areas in preparation for the 2391 and it was suggested I complete the course as normal, BUT! on the financial side of things they will have some money knocked off the course fee. WOOP!!!

But really the agent I spoke to prier to signing up to this course should of asked to look at what certs I have and suggested I do not need to do this course... instead some kind of refresher course and then the exam. I will be submitting a complaint against the agent and will personally make sure something is done about it. Maybe even smear his name across the web and give him a bad reputation if he isn't given the sack - at these desperate times!

well i dont think you should get anybody the sack

dont you think you should of checked first

hope you get some money back but dont get anyone the sack

everyone needs to earn a living

He was a sparks himself, so he claimed. He should of known after 3 years I would have some qualifications. He said this course is for the qualification of a fully fledged sparks, not true. Basically saying the 4 year course has been squeezed into one year. Not only that he told me the accommodation would be paid for, not true, he said we would be arranged and guaranteed a work placement when the course is complete, not true. And the pressure he piled on to get me to sign up 'if you sign this and I send it today your guaranteed enrollment this week and they only enroll every so often', -------s. The guy has blatantly mugged me off. There's mugging people off and then there is earning a living. Question is how many others has he said 'what you get' when you don't, filling his pockets. I'm really ****ed off! The guy should be stopped and a example made out of him!

He didn't mug you off mate.All he is after is commission.At the end of the day,the more people they get to sign on the dotted line,the more commission they earn and they will tell you what you want to hear.Sorry mate,that's how these people work.:eek:

The 2351 is (was) comrpised of eight units. All eight units must be passed in order to achieve the 2351. I'm not sure whether it is still possible to complete any units not already completed, as the 2351 is no longer current. It may be the case that the 2330 has to be done from scratch if the 2351 cannot be completed. Then the AM2 and the NVQ.

Reply to C&G 2351 lvl 3... where do I stand?!?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net