Discuss central heating timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

foghorn

problem with central heating timer ie
does not allow hot water and heating on at the same time they just cancel each other out
any ideas much appreciated

i have a combi at home cental heating and hot water works fine togeather can select either just hot water or heating and hot water

Yeah, you are right, just checked with mine, both working together. It is a fairly new Vaillant boiler. The old one was an Alpha boiler, it couldn't do both at the same time.

So you mean on the timer itself then? That would depend on the timer brand and it's programming options. Why is hot water on a timer in the first place? You want hot water instantly and not just at certain times.

On a combi, when there is demand for hot water, ie turning on a hot tap, the boiler will stop heating through the central heating exchanger but the pump will still run otherwise the boiler will overheat and lock off.
Like said above, must be a programmer issue.

Sounds to me (if the system is a y-plan or s-plan) that there is a wiring connection fault or one of the valves has developed an issue, I think that you should see if the valve/valves are opening and closing on demand from the clock and stats.

Are both of the lights illuminating on the clock correctly when activated?

If it is a combi the clock is only for the heating so I am assuming that it is a plan of some kind.

Reply to central heating timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
Electrician has done rewire, plumber with not much space has some central heating and hot water pipes touching in some places. See images...
Replies
Views
1 - Major supply fault, details unknown. By time I get there DNO already put in genny and are digging up road. 2 - Reason for call, heating not...
Replies
Views
I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock