Discuss Confused about pv systems commissioning test sheets. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GSD77

Trying to get my head around pv system commissioning sheets ready for future mcs assessment. How do i work out my array parameters Voc (stc) and Isc (stc). How do i find out the dc rating (V) of the protective device and also can anyone explain how string test method annex -2 Voc, Isc,Sun is carryed out and how do i decide the I R test voltage. I would be really grateful if anyone could help

parameters ~ Voc (open circuit) volts and Isc (short circuit) amps from module data sheet multiplied for series/parallel connection.
Tests results on the the day ~ Voc and Isc will depend on the "sun" power, so take irradiation measurement~ the norm is to measurse in Watts per meter sq. then compare this with module output data sheet to see if your in the ballpark.
Protective devices have will have a Voltage rating, so if fitted will have to be Voc x 1.25 min.
I R test voltage:
if Voc x 1.25 < 120 then at 250
Voc > 120 < 500 then 500
Voc > 500 then 1000 but can reduce if module has a max allowable voltage less than advised test voltage

Sure you do - look in the DTI guide its all there for you in black and white, just do what is says in the book and bobs your uncle, once you have MCS then you can concentrate on adding value to the Hand over pack.

Schematics you can get of this forum somewere, do a performance cert on something like word, again the DTI/MIS document tells you what to put - its only the SAP calc.

Not right now IMHO, the DTI has it all in there, if you follow that and the MIS doc then i dont think you can go far wrong. But if you need any guidence just as or PM me i will always help were i can.

Reply to Confused about pv systems commissioning test sheets. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net