Discuss consumption and time in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

Probably a daft question but I've just bought a new TV and want to know (out of pure curiosity) how much power it consumes per hour. It says in the manual its 69W Appliance ( 100kWh annual) but what calculation method do I use to determine its hourly consumption? The answer will prob be in my head but I suppose its just a brain fart moment!

Electric is around 11-14 pence per unit which is dependant on your personal deal. so lets say 11 pence per 1kw hour, that means if you have a one bar 1kw electic fire running for 1 hour it will cost you 11 pence. so 69 watts is more than ten times less than 1000 watts so the cost will be under 1 pence per hour, I have no calculator for the exact amount, do that your self lazy :icon10:

1 unit is 1Kw= 1000watts so your 69 watts =0.069Kw so it would run for approximately 14.492 hrs on one unit of electricity,so divide price of 1 unit by 14.492 and that gives cost per hour.

1 unit is 1Kw= 1000watts so your 69 watts =0.069Kw so it would run for approximately 14.492 hrs on one unit of electricity,so divide price of 1 unit by 14.492 and that gives cost per hour.
:smilielol5:Thanks Phil my answer was a right mindful, yours much better and very sensible.

Electric is around 11-14 pence per unit which is dependant on your personal deal. so lets say 11 pence per 1kw hour, that means if you have a one bar 1kw electic fire running for 1 hour it will cost you 11 pence. so 69 watts is more than ten times less than 1000 watts so the cost will be under 1 pence per hour, I have no calculator for the exact amount, do that your self lazy :icon10:
based on your 14p per unit that's 0.96p per hour.lol,where's your phone(calculator) ;)

Reply to consumption and time in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net