Discuss DB Identification Plates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking for some metal ID Plates for Distribution Boards and Consumer Units

They must be custom made as I want to include my company name on them.

Any ideas where I can get some from?

I have already tried the silver laser labels but the tonner seems to just rub off

Hi All

I am looking for some metal ID Plates for Distribution Boards and Consumer Units

They must be custom made as I want to include my company name on them.

Any ideas where I can get some from?

I have already tried the silver laser labels but the tonner seems to just rub off

have a look on google to see if there are any engraving companies near you.

you will be better off with stamped metal labels, usually on db's etc there plastic labels (it look better)

No they dont need to be metal, just thought metal would go with the new CUs and DBs.

This is new ground to me, but thanks these look great. and will aim to use them!

traffolyte.jpg

most places use these labels, depending on where it is metal labels can become hard to read in a few years.

ill try to dig the photo's out but a control panel+trunking etc where installed in a "steam room" sauna is a more apt description of the room and a year later and the trunking was completely white and given another couple years would have holes in it

the only times ive seen metal plates used are on motors or screwed back to a brick wall

Last edited:
correct me if im wrong but dont you only need a sticker if its greater than 230v from phase to earth, phase-phase doesnt count

Correct. The reg used to be worded "exceeds 230v" but this was poorly worded and never intended. It resulted in a swarm of 400v and 400v between these 2 points labels.
The reg was then clarified to any voltage exceeding 230v Uo.

Traffolyte is plastic though - it says in the original post he's looking for metal labels. I don't see why they 'need' to be metal.

I was thinking there was a part of amendment 3 I had missed

My only concern is the design I was going for is
View attachment 31344
All the ones I have seen are only 2 colours not three.

I have asked for quotes and will wait for their reply.

Thanks Again

The problem you have is that you want more than one face colour which would probably have to be a screen printed label to achieve this

You can get three colour traffolyte you just engrave it at different depths for the different letter colours you need

Alternatively two colour can be used and paint filled to get different colours on a label

Last edited:

Reply to DB Identification Plates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net