• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Dewalt Wall Dog Screws

Discuss Dewalt Wall Dog Screws in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Tried them out yesterday as I had a couple of Wiska boxes to attach to a garden wall, tell you one thing they too the job.

£6.50 per 100 + VAT from TLC.

Gavin John Hyde

Electrician's Arms
Tried them out yesterday as I had a couple of Wiska boxes to attach to a garden wall, tell you one thing they too the job.

£6.50 per 100 + VAT from TLC.
Bought a box for clipping wires with metal clips to prevent collpase in event of fire in my dads pub. Havent done it yet.
Did have a play putting a few in a wall after i bought a pack and they hold good and tight. Certainly worth the money. Saves putting plugs in aswell.

Reactions: SWD

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
PH heads is probably why.

pirate

Regular EF Member
They work for me...I love 'em!
Mind you, I am happy with the old way too...wall plug and good screw...but where you want fail-free, non-combustible fixing, they are very good.
No real reason not to use them...except I have a million plastic wall-plugs to use up...

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
They work for me...I love 'em!
Mind you, I am happy with the old way too...wall plug and good screw...but where you want fail-free, non-combustible fixing, they are very good.
No real reason not to use them...except I have a million plastic wall-plugs to use up...
Lol same here but drill hole insert plug hammer plug in ¼" so the face of the brick doesn't crumble away, saves time.

Need a larger range and a head like the Kreg screws or torx.

pirate

Regular EF Member
Agreed! You can never have enough! Was working on a refurb yesterday where we needed to have temp wooden screens over doorways...
Drilled wooden battens with multi-purpose drill bits, straight through into the brickwork, hand screwed wall plugs halfway onto turbo-ultra screws, inserted into hole in timber and simply hamnmered them in, then ran them up with an impact driver...sorted! Cheapo hammer frame fixings!

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Agreed! You can never have enough! Was working on a refurb yesterday where we needed to have temp wooden screens over doorways...
Drilled wooden battens with multi-purpose drill bits, straight through into the brickwork, hand screwed wall plugs halfway onto turbo-ultra screws, inserted into hole in timber and simply hamnmered them in, then ran them up with an impact driver...sorted! Cheapo hammer frame fixings!
with that approach, you will be well sorted for barrats new build. speed up window fixing by 100%.

l4urence

Regular EF Member
The Rawldogs are brilliant but I do hate the Phillips though - keep the bit with the screws now...

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]