Discuss dimming fluorescent lights 1-10v in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spenny

fitted out an warehouse that the client wanted to split into sections , wanted 2 b able to dim sections of the lights , he spect Dextra dimmable fluorescents 1-10v , after fitting them all at high level and finally getting in behind the "joiners?" to power them up 1 row was constantly dim, contacted dextra who said must be install problem as nowt there side would cause it , pain stakingly disconnected all the row and tested cables again that were perfect , managed to single it out 2 b 1 fitting causing it ,and finally worked out the cause, u wouldnt believe it but turns out that some divvy in the factory had only went and wired the 1-10v side of the fitting and marked it all wrong polarity , contacted them and was told , """ well sometimes mistakes can happen """"",, yep , mistakes that put the contractor out of pocket !!!!

i had a flouresant light arrive 1 time with no wiring to the ballast or starters in it. Had to wire it myself as i had to have the job finished that day and couldn't wait on a replacement

Had a similar problem with Dextra fittings a few years ago, installed 4 x 6ft twins in a school and found out when i switched on the power that the internal wiring was wrong on all 4 - a right nuisance when you want to get finished

Problem with altering the manufactures wiring you make the warranty null and void.

You should return them to the supplier for replacement telling them that they don't work and informing them that if any pentaly clauses in the job are invoked you will be passing it on to them.

Reply to dimming fluorescent lights 1-10v in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net