Discuss DNOs - don't you just luv 'em???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Me - "Hi, can you tell me what the earthing arrangement and fuse size is at this address?"
DNO - "We don't hold that information"
Me - "Err, it's your network. If you don't hold the information, then who does?"
DNO - " Are you an electrician?"
Me - "Yes"
DNO - "Well you should be able to tell what the earthing arrangement is"
Me - "Well, yes I have carried out appropriate tests, but I wanted to confirm my findings with you. In any event, the fuse is sealed so I can't confirm its capacity without breaking the seal"
DNO - "Well, I can't tell you anything, because we don't know. If your worried about the installation place a call to our emergency team who will come out, but if there is not a problem, there will be a charge"
Me - " I'm not worried about the installation, but how much if you charge?"
DNO - "I don't know, we don't hold this information"
Me - " Thanks, it's been a blast".
:cry_smile:

OK a bit different.

I was installing a new drain manhole, quite happily digging down I came across the old disconnected gas pipe to the house.
I phoned the gas board, “is this line still live?” “We can’t say, our records office burnt down a couple of years back.” “OK, thanks for the help.”

Phoned them back an hour later. “You can up date your records, it’s dead!” “How do you know?” “I’ve just put the hacksaw through it.” It went quiet on the other end of the line.

OK a bit different.

I was installing a new drain manhole, quite happily digging down I came across the old disconnected gas pipe to the house.
I phoned the gas board, “is this line still live?” “We can’t say, our records office burnt down a couple of years back.” “OK, thanks for the help.”

Phoned them back an hour later. “You can up date your records, it’s dead!” “How do you know?” “I’ve just put the hacksaw through it.” It went quiet on the other end of the line.

Your lucky it didnt have the new one pushed down the middle of it, like mine has!

OK a bit different.

pure class.!

OK a bit different.

Ever the practical man ... that told 'em Tony.

but i mean what was he bothered about...high Ze?...no earth at all?....damaged head?....

The DNO have a duty to supply this information to electricians and the general public at large.
theres no way we can design a new commercial install without the essential supply info.
Life would be alot easier if sparks had authorization the pull the fuse to do the checks & measurement , but they wont allow it -
ok , so give us the info when we ring up -
they cant do that either lol.

The DNO have a duty to supply this information to electricians and the general public at large.
theres no way we can design a new commercial install without the essential supply info.
Life would be alot easier if sparks had authorization the pull the fuse to do the checks & measurement , but they wont allow it -
ok , so give us the info when we ring up -
they cant do that either lol.
no probs Biff....just #1 seemed a bit vague...thats all...

i am aware that DNOs have to provide (by enquiry) this info....
anyway....Leigh n I have had varying degrees of success....and moronity from DNOs in the past......Leigh thinks its a case of who is answering the phone at that particular time....

no worries glenn.
although i have worked along side DNO jointers / engineers many times , luckily i've never had to deal with them on my own jobs so i've never tested their service ( United Utilities )

no worries glenn.
although i have worked along side DNO jointers / engineers many times , luckily i've never had to deal with them on my own jobs so i've never tested their service ( United Utilities )
we had a lass the other day from the DNO....she was very helpful....she was probably new there......but the other month we had another....and a right obnoxious little cow she was n all.....frightened the customers to death with her "YOU NEED TO GET EM TO INSTALL A ROD!!!" n all that lot......folk dont need it.....

we had a lass the other day from the DNO....she was very helpful....she was probably new there......but the other month we had another....and a right obnoxious little cow she was n all.....frightened the customers to death with her "YOU NEED TO GET EM TO INSTALL A ROD!!!" n all that lot......folk dont need it.....

its called passing the buck!!! who wants a TT system i wouldnt, if it was looked into i reckon there is a paragraph in the proceedure to say they have to sort it but instead they say get a rod installed so they dont have to pay for it.

its called passing the buck!!! who wants a TT system i wouldnt, if it was looked into i reckon there is a paragraph in the proceedure to say they have to sort it but instead they say get a rod installed so they dont have to pay for it.
the procedure is sedgy...is that if its an existing distributers earthing facility ...then the DNO has a duty to maintain it....i think what had happened in this case is the DNO denied its existance on their records....and made a threatening and distressing call to the clients....leigh n i wern`t best pleased about that little episode i can tell you......

Reply to DNOs - don't you just luv 'em???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net