Discuss don't use rcbos for TT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Because it isn't an issue. DP isolation is all that is required on a TT installation, it doesn't say where. Also, a neutral is never a line conductor.

Sorry meant to say live..rather than line, neutral IS classed as a live conductor.
And without getting too ---- about the whole thing....We have to consider all possible scenarios.
We may wish to do work to a particular circuit without turning off the whole board.It is unlikely that all circuits have isolation after the board. eg lighting circuit with 2way switching
In TT situations neutral is not considered to have a RELIABLE connection to earth(unlike TN.where neutral and earth are joined at the service head)It is possible for the neutral to have a higher potential than earth .Removing the assumed neutral from the neutral bar is not recommended also due to a few possibilities,eg borrowed neutral or neutral in the wrong terminal in the neutral bar.
This voltage may only be a few volts and is unlikely to kill you but an unexpected tickle while working over the stairwell in a house could cause a fall.

Far more sensible to have an all RCBO (SP+N) CU, than a couple of RCD's and a rack of DP MCB's, on a TT installation!!

Also have you considered the size that 10 circuit DP CU will be?? You'll be looking at providing at least a 26 way CU, including the DP isolation switch and 2 X RCD's, and that's not allowing for say a couple of spare ways for the future!! ...You won't be purchasing one of them for 50 odd quid!! lol!!

Dunno about that!!!
The dp cb's I was using today(in an IT installation)were single module,same phisical size as normal cb's(general electric)

Dunno about that!!!
The dp cb's I was using today(in an IT installation)were single module,same phisical size as normal cb's(general electric)

That's true, but then most journeyman electricians don't know that they even exist.

I know that a guy is importing them from here (China) on another forum. How about giving us a link to these GE single module DP breakers, for everyone to see....

That's true, but then most journeyman electricians don't know that they even exist.

I know that a guy is importing them from here (China) on another forum. How about giving us a link to these GE single module DP breakers, for everyone to see....

i dont have a link but i could prob take a photo.They come inside these ips pre built bespoke panels made by a company called bender in uk.(I think they are german,but operate globally.)

Reply to don't use rcbos for TT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net