Discuss Economy 9 timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jonas123

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of a niche question - I have an economy 9 setup in my flat, so seperate circuit for heating / hot water that turns on for 9 hours a day. I want to switch to economy 7, but apparently the heating circuit will still only turn on for the same 9 hours.

Is there a fused spur timer than has a battery that will work on the 9 hour circuit? Obviously it'll need a battery as it will not have power for the rest of the day!

Thanks

Who told you the heating will still come on for 9hrs, the Energy Supplier?

What heaters have you got, Storage?

Do you have a separate meter and timeswitch for E9 or is it a dual rate meter with no time switch?

Post a picture of your meter and anything nearby if you can.

Who told you the heating will still come on for 9hrs, the Energy Supplier?

What heaters have you got, Storage?

Do you have a separate meter and timeswitch for E9 or is it a dual rate meter with no time switch?

Post a picture of your meter and anything nearby if you can.

EDF told me if they switched meters, the heating circuit would remain on the 9 hours which seemed odd. I have storage heaters yes.

There is a single physical meter, but 2 meter readings (the normal circuit and the heating circuit'). Not sure what you mean with the timeswitch. will try to get a picture up

Reply to Economy 9 timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Yesterday moved my Mum into her new bungalow. The Hortsmann had been off for a few months I suspect. The boost worked, but nothing happened...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Last month I moved into a flat that is on an economy 9 tariff and meter (it has wet heating). In this scenario, I have one consumer unit...
Replies
Views
I have a Gledhill PulsaCoil Echo system in my new retirement flat which is running on Economy 7. However there is a separate switch in a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock