Discuss EICR Reports in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Morning ALL
I have a terraced house and let out . Novice Landlard and come across to this site/ forum Many Thanks and informative,

have had two FI several C2 & C3 But no C1.

F1 as cause Meter tails are 16mm . this is the cables between the meter and the consumer box.
I also have two 16mm cables just before the meter reading and I understand that these are installed by the co supplying the power to property. both the metr and the consumer unit box are 6/9 inches apart. Located in cupboard inside as terraced house.

when questioned the Electric Engineers (EE) says that its not your lookout - Find it weird as he was on about safety of tenant etc. / insurances etc.

The report requires 25mm .

Another confusing issue is; Has given an overall summary 'UNSATISFACTORY' but than in recomendations in Sec 6 as has put subject to remedial action taken / Further Investigations tested in 3 years or change of tenancy.

Amother issue was the Consumer Box Changed by another EE 4 years ago and Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance held. This EE mentions that the consumer unit is a cheap version should be replace, though the Guy who did it 4 years ago is a listed and approved trader person with NICEIC

Questions:
1. Is this still safe for tenants to continue living there and remedial actions taken
2. what are your thoughts ?

Regards and many thanks
PK

A 'cheap' CU being flagged as a defect is a first for me and totally inadequate unless backed up by lack of BS compliance or a similar reason.
Reasons may include non amendment 3 compliance in an escape route, or non compatible components....but 'cheap'?? is that really how its worded?

I think a look at this report would help us give you a bit more info.
Can you post it here with personal details removed?

As James just said, post up the report on here with any personal details blacked out, and some pics would help to go with it. Something doesn't smell right here at all!

What are the C2s
Many Thanks all for your help.
I am aware that C2 needs to be addresses promptly . But was more concerned about the CU box which was installed 4 years ago and independently inspected.

C2 & C3 as attached pdf & so is F1 to make it easier.
All help greatly appreciated.
Regards
PK

Attachments

• 2_Domestic Electrical Installation Condition Report 153 Tudor Road (20904) (2).pdf
    113.2 KB · Views: 65
some of those C2's are easily remedied. wonder why "LIM" on IR test voltage. the non fire rated downlight C2 is questionable. and the 16mm tails should be no code. has it really got a 3036 DNO fuse?

The DNO fuse is shown as 60 amp so 16mm tails are fine.

RCD failed to trip when tested is a C2.

TBH the inspector could have expanded on the other items rather than just copy and paste the regulation. Have they sent any pictures of the faults?

some of those C2's are easily remedied. wonder why "LIM" on IR test voltage. the non fire rated downlight C2 is questionable. and the 16mm tails should be no code. has it really got a 3036 DNO fuse?
Again seeking your help..

For down light should it be C1 or C3 - two things EE mentioned. No Earth on connection but if its Class II its not required. Am I right ?

Other as the the down light easly moved so guess it was not fire rated . I am a novice so please excuse the lack of knowledge.

again not sure of Code & 3036 DNO fuse. Where can I find info , but not on repost.
Thanks once again. Much appreciated
PK

The DNO fuse is shown as 60 amp so 16mm tails are fine.

RCD failed to trip when tested is a C2.

TBH the inspector could have expanded on the other items rather than just copy and paste the regulation. Have they sent any pictures of the faults?
No pictures. & I will ask him to expand on other technical items..
i am aware of RCD failing to trip and will be addresses.
Thnx once again

I have no doubt that the excuse will be "unable to remove white goods" but that does not prevent the bulbs being removed, if you look at the EICR under "Circuit Details" it says "Circuit Impedance" "All Circuits" "one column to be completed" I do not consider the EICR complete without one of these columns being filled in.

Last edited:

Reply to EICR Reports in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net