Discuss Electrician going into the unknown....AV in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jjrules2

OK so i've wired my new house for power, lighting etc. Now I want to wire the following -

HD in 4 rooms, no boxes on display, all under the stairs cupboard.
Telephone/Internet points in most rooms.
Speakers in the ceiling in some rooms.

What cable do I use?
How do I wire it? Radials/Rings?
Is it easy?!

Thanks

you want the av forums mate. I could waffle for hours but you will find it all there and more. you want to know what is available that you had not thought of and not just how to lash in what you think you need now. id head over there as this is asked every day but a tip - count up what you need cable wise and use ducts or take consideration for access later. if you need 4 cables then you install 6 etc etc and who knows what tech will be out next month when you have wired it and decorated. I tell this to every customer! oh and use high grade cables and not copper clad crap - bandwith is everything! best of luck

Reply to Electrician going into the unknown....AV in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an electrician over and he took over from an incompetent builder. The builder already installed the wiring but the electrician told me...
Replies
Views
Had a floorboard up recently following a water leak. While there, thought I would connect in a stair light, which previously was switched...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock