Discuss energy saving lamp flickering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spurs1980

Hi guys need some advice on job the other day and client said about her energy saving lamp flickering it is a 2 way switched pendant at top of stairs both switches have separate triples to them and there is a jct up in the loft upon in spectiob we found 12 v at the pendant we remade the jct to our standards but still flickers
Any ideas

Induced voltage on 2 way switching fit a snubber to eliminate flicker.

edison ( or swan, if you're scottish ) invented the light bulb. florence nightingale had a lamp.

a snubber is a capacitor or a capacitor/resistor network that, when sprinkled with fairy dust and connected across these pesky flickering low energy monstrosities, stops them flickering. google " snubber " but ignore the sites that refer to car springs.

Could well be as diagnosed by Sintra then. Maybe worth asking the client if it has always flickered since it was put in or did it recently start to do it? If it has always done it that would tend to support the induced voltage theory? Dunno if some brands of energy saving bulbs / lamps / things wot give out light (delete as applicable :smile:) are more susceptible to this than others? If so might be as simple as swopping it for a different one? I assume the connections to the pendant etc are all fine?

aw, bugger, getting mixed up with the match bloke. swan vestas.

yeah well, they were actually a scouse invention. shorty after the motor car was invented , we also invented the expanding watch bracelet. took too long to wriggle the leather ones off at the traffic lights.

Well Bulb is unfortunatly starting to appear on manufacturing notes for some bulbs hehe..so BGB says follow manufacturers instructions LMAO...

also i have a flickering bulb and its defo on way out had it years, Fluro type small 11watt energy bulb..

Reply to energy saving lamp flickering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net