Discuss Filling in test resullts for 3 Phase/which Zs? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I believe the regs recently changed with the last amendment in that before it didn't state nominal voltage to earth thus where 3ph was not expected then a warning 400v label was fitted like a multi-gang switch... post the amendment this has now been dropped as the nominal voltage to earth is the key value and thus the 400 sticker not required... if you are entering any housing containing 400v then you should be thus qualified and trained to do so. 400v and 230v still kill you it just getting a 230v shock shows your stupid and getting a 400v shock shows your twice as stupid IMHO

I believe the regs recently changed with the last amendment in that before it didn't state nominal voltage to earth thus where 3ph was not expected then a warning 400v label was fitted like a multi-gang switch... post the amendment this has now been dropped as the nominal voltage to earth is the key value and thus the 400 sticker not required... if you are entering any housing containing 400v then you should be thus qualified and trained to do so. 400v and 230v still kill you it just getting a 230v shock shows your stupid and getting a 400v shock shows your twice as stupid IMHO

And I would guess hurts twice as much!
Though ive never had a 400v nasty and intend on keeping it that way LOL

Agreed, anyone who works on 230/400V should be competent to carry out the work required, therefore if your removing a 400V DB cover and you do not realise that 400V exists in that enclosure due to lack of 400V warning notice, then you deserve any shock you receive due to incompetence and ignorance.

Agreed, anyone who works on 230/400V should be competent to carry out the work required, therefore if your removing a 400V DB cover and you do not realise that 400V exists in that enclosure due to lack of 400V warning notice, then you deserve any shock you receive due to incompetence and ignorance.

Surely people cannot be that thick, if it has a 24 way db chances are high its got more than one phase.

In domestic ive only ever seen multiple 12 way db's fed from different phases.

Reply to Filling in test resullts for 3 Phase/which Zs? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net