Discuss Fire break for cable through floor. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

micknew

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have been asked to install a feed to a socket on the floor of a night club.
The problem is the property below is a restaurant (not owned by the club) so some sort of fire break will have to be formed for safety and insurance purposes.
The 4mm T&E cable will run in the false ceiling of the restaurant and go through the dancefloor to a socket.
Never had to do this before, what would be the best product to achieve the fire break?

Bit of a naughty one this proposition for my liking

Leaving aside whether its against any regulations,the implications for the insurance of the other premises would be in question as far as I would expect,whether the entry and exit holes are made good or no

What if the cable was overloaded and a fire was started in the below premises,what action is the insurance of the other building going to take

How can periodic inspections be made, if part of the installation has done a tour of other local buildings/premises etc

Indeed a strange set-up this one!! Where is the the night clubs DB/CU located, is that also located on the level below the night club??

If it is, then the whole installation for this type of business use, may not comply with the current appropriate regulations...If not then why are you taking this route to supply a socket outlet??

The night club DB/CU's are within the night club premises.
The reason we wanted to run within the restaurants ceiling was to gain access to the centre of the dance floor.
Have advised client of the insurance/fire safety implications and have told them to re-think their layout plans.
Thanks all for comments given.

Reply to Fire break for cable through floor. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net