Discuss Forged quals, dangerous work!!! Long story but worth the read! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got my half scam day soon anything you want me to ask him

Yeah, ask him what the maximum Ze on a TT system is, and if he doesn't know the answer, like mine didn't, then shoot him!

Had to pull the OSG out when I was with mine, not only to correct him but also to use as something to bite down hard on to prevent me throwing him out the window!

Un bloody real, gggrrrr!
Makes me so bloody angry, myself& my business partner newly set up, still getting commercial of old contacts but newly moved into domestic(as ya may tell due to my many posts lately but at least im making the effort to make sure its right ;-)) & trying to do everything right as electrics should be, wev been updating our quals(17th) im getting set to do my testing (know how to test but would like a much better understanding & the qual for it) napit reg process under way, all insurances etc & then 2 bit idiots can get away with crap like that & the reason being in the first instance is because miss jones will let anyone have a go if they are cheaper. Makes me mad, in my opinion of all the trades ours is the potentially more dangerous as you dont know theres a prob until something goes wrong yet its the one most are happy to have a go at. Im a spark i wont touch plumbing, im not trained quite simple!

Yeh, same thing with NIC! reported bad work, they didn't want to know !.
ANYWAY, if you really are ticked off you need to write to your MP !.
AND yes they will reply and chase up, only if you persist though.

Hey rugbyspark , you a league or union man ?
I used to play for Blackpool Rugby Union Club.
Always nice to talk to a fellow egg chaser lol.

I whinged about it to my last scam inspector - why they don't police it, and he said it's not their job to, it's the LABC's but everybody knows that they don't have the time money or expertise to do it. And he even went so far as to say that in his opinion, the majority of 'old school' sparks that whinge about part p do so because actually they're not very good sparks!!!! Bloody cheek of it, but I kept quiet and got on with the half day.

Posted a similar story about NICEIC not wanting to know about one of their own dodgy electricians.
Elecsa called me yesterday to postpone my assesment in two weeks time, funnily enough they said they wouldn't pay me £200 for cancelling within two weeks of my appointment the same as if I'd cancelled on them. My assessor is going to be asked all sorts of awkward questions as to why the hell I should bother. Poor chap.

Did anyone see the TV prog the other evening about London streets from 1840 to present day.....well there was a bloke who had bought up property after property until he owned loads. He admitted on TV that he builds first and then applies for planning if he gets caught. He put another floor on a row of 3 story flats and in another place put 5 rooms underneath another of his shops. Most of the rooms had no ventilation or outside light. All of this he was happy to talk about because he had never been prosecuted even though he had enforcement orders served on him regularly. Building regs.....he has no idea what they were.

Don't get me started!!!!!!!!

Really dont want to read stuff like this!!

Iv done things the right way, well in my eyes anyway. Gone to college for XXXXXXX years, worked unsociable hours to get experience, gone without holidays or going out enjoying myself for three years to pay for my courses and save for setup costs. Studied and studied and studied to the point where my misses was close to dumping me. Got distinctions or very high pass marks in every exam iv taken from ECS,PAT,2330,2382,2392,2391.

Now iv paid £576 to join Napit, £187 for insurance, having to setup a mini office and everything tht goes with tht to look professional.

Plus im going to have to take on a few notifiable jobs at almost a loss once iv paid LABC £166 just so i can use them for my napit assessment.

Then i read this thread and others simular like this and im wondering tbh why should i bother!!

Quite a while ago I did look into the necessary gumpf that was required to create a new scheme provider.

One created within the industry by electricians for electricians that actually gave a damn. Thinking this forum would be an excellent resource for standardising around the UK.

But I got too busy so we ended up making a joke of the NICEIC out of it.

We were calling it..

A
ssociation of Registered Skilled Electricians Fitters And Technicians

ARSEFAT

View attachment 13051

Quite a while ago I did look into the necessary gumpf that was required to create a new scheme provider.

One created within the industry by electricians for electricians that actually gave a damn. Thinking this forum would be an excellent resource for standardising around the UK.

We were calling it..

A

ARSEFAT

View attachment 13051

That is funny, did you get anywhere with regards on how to set a scheme up? I wouldn't know where to start.

That is funny, did you get anywhere with regards on how to set a scheme up? I wouldn't know where to start.

At the time you just had to lay out the action plan explaining how there is a gap in the field that your proposed scheme can fulfil.

The process would take approximately 18 months with yourself appearing before a board upon request to submit the application and prove that it's a good idea.

All the information is on the communities site.

Application and authorisation process for competent person self-certification schemes - Planning, building and the environment - Department for Communities and Local Government

Currently though, their full attention is on this green deal fiasco.

We were calling it..

A

ARSEFAT

View attachment 13051

I'm in, how do I get registered? :lol:

Really dont want to read stuff like this!!

Iv done things the right way, well in my eyes anyway. Gone to college for XXXXXXX years, worked unsociable hours to get experience, gone without holidays or going out enjoying myself for three years to pay for my courses and save for setup costs. Studied and studied and studied to the point where my misses was close to dumping me. Got distinctions or very high pass marks in every exam iv taken from ECS,PAT,2330,2382,2392,2391.

Now iv paid £576 to join Napit, £187 for insurance, having to setup a mini office and everything tht goes with tht to look professional.

Plus im going to have to take on a few notifiable jobs at almost a loss once iv paid LABC £166 just so i can use them for my napit assessment.

Then i read this thread and others simular like this and im wondering tbh why should i bother!!

I think that many of us are feeling this way tbh mate. Mr Cameron talks about the Big Society and caring for each other. These guys prove that all they care about is a fast buck, and the law lets them get away with it, no questions asked...

And here we get to the heart of the matter.
Only laws that make money are enforced , eg speed cameras.
Even if the council win it'll cost them a packet in legal costs.
We cant even kick known terrorists out of our country without human rights infringement.
Welcome to law and order in the UK.
Law and order in the uk, both criminal and civil is, no doubt, in a very sorry state. Building control refusing to spend thousands of pounds of taxpayers money taking someone to court for putting a bit of terminal block in a ceiling and then giving the client their money back, is not the best example of said sorry state that I can think of.

I think that many of us are feeling this way tbh mate. Mr Cameron talks about the Big Society and caring for each other. These guys prove that all they care about is a fast buck, and the law lets them get away with it, no questions asked...
Leave Cameron alone he's my hero!
Keep slagging off that worthless crook Lionel Blair and his equally crooked pal James Brown all you like though....

Leave Cameron alone he's my hero!
Keep slagging off that worthless crook Lionel Blair and his equally crooked pal James Brown all you like though....

Please give the names of ANY politician past or present, from any party, that isn't a crook and/or blatant liar??

I have no party political affiliations whatsoever, and you tend to get to see the bigger/greater picture when your overseas. What i can say from my observations over a good number or years is, that there have been far bigger crooks than Blair. The vast majority and biggest of them all coming from the Conservative Party... lol!!

Reply to Forged quals, dangerous work!!! Long story but worth the read! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net