Discuss Generation figs from 3pm onwards...... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

In tests, eight out of ten electricians who expressed a preference, said that they prefer curves.

Or was that catfood ? :bow:
What the catfood or the electricians preferred curves? lol must laugh tho I read headline without reading post and spent ten minutes thinking generation figs was something to do with a particular age group,I really must get out more.:smile:

- Total Daily Generation: 16.611KW from a 3KW Suntech System With an SMA 3000TL Inverter.
- Solar Efficiency: 5.537 KWh/Kw
- Solar System: +10 degrees west of Due South.
- Located in North West, England, UK.
- Startup: 07:20am, Sunset: 7:25pm.
- Peak Output: 2340W @ 2.00pm.
- Above 2000W from 11:55am until 3:55pm.
- 2200W at 3pm.
- 1020W at 5:45pm.
- 0W at 7:25pm.

Last edited:
Here's a link to a comparison of mine and my dad's identical 4kwp installations on PVOutput.org.... Each 16x Suntellite black panels, SMA SB 4000TL's. Less than half a mile apart. Mine faces 10 degrees east of due South and his is closer to 5 degrees east of S.

As you can see, his system beats mine almost every day! So annoying!! :)

Comparison of PV - daily totals

Comparison of PV - 25/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I ask this question is that I go into full shade at 4pm now due to nearby Trees and wondering if its worthy of the effort of clipping them by 20ft - lol

I'd be thinking in terms of whether the effort in lopping the tree would be worth it given that the vast majority of the daily yield is generally from mid morning to mid afternoon ( or are you facing significantly west of due south, can't remember as I type this )... AND as the summer rolls on I'm thinking that the sun's trajectory moves quite a bit higher in the sky doesn't it? Which might possibly lessen / shift the shading naturally? Just a thought.

Will be by the summer no doubt.

I'd be thinking in terms of whether the effort in lopping the tree would be worth it given that the vast majority of the daily yield is generally from mid morning to mid afternoon ( or are you facing significantly west of due south, can't remember as I type this )... AND as the summer rolls on I'm thinking that the sun's trajectory moves quite a bit higher in the sky doesn't it? Which might possibly lessen / shift the shading naturally? Just a thought.

I'm not sure, so i'm going to study it this year and have an action plan by the end of winter.

Reply to Generation figs from 3pm onwards...... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net