CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Getting into the dark arts of EV charging in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I was just looking at EV courses last night and came across the NICEIC one that would be held in various venues, one being fairly close to me.

I am not registered with any scheme at the moment and thats something else im looking into, but so far not needed to be (in Scotland, no P to bother with)

The courses dont say i have to be in a scheme to sit the course, but i would have to be if the customer wanted to apply for a grant. Is this correct?

Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers lister.

That basically means there’s no point doing the training until I am a member of a scheme?
More hoops and more money.

⚡🚗

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The NIC course seems to be open to all, but you would need to be part of a scheme to notify under part p, which isnt an issue in jockland. (yet)

The screenshot above also suggests you need to notify DVLA as well...

Just noticed thats not the scottish govt website.....

happyhippydad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was just looking at EV courses last night and came across the NICEIC one that would be held in various venues, one being fairly close to me.

I am not registered with any scheme at the moment and thats something else im looking into, but so far not needed to be (in Scotland, no P to bother with)

The courses dont say i have to be in a scheme to sit the course, but i would have to be if the customer wanted to apply for a grant. Is this correct?
You are correct.

You don't have to be on a scheme to do the NICEIC EVCP course, but you do need to be with a scheme in order to register with OZEV in order to claim the grant. I found the NIC course 'ok'. You kind of know most of it already though.

When you register with OZEV they only ask for proof of your scheme membership. They do ask you to tick a box saying that you have been taught how to install EVCP (I.e the NIC course or equivalent) but they don't ask for proof.

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok, so i do the course, and can advertise i can install chargers, but i don't advertise the fact there's a grant available.

richy3333

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Most of my jobs are grant led.
You’ll need to be AC with either SELECT Or NICEIC. IIRC whichever chargers you want to install you’ll need to prove CPS membership.
I did the NICEIC course

happyhippydad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok, so i do the course, and can advertise i can install chargers, but i don't advertise the fact there's a grant available.
I guess that's up to you. Whilst I wasn't OZEV registered I let my customers know there was a grant and advised them to go elsewhere, as I couldn't compete financially. It pays in the long run with regards reputation.

Reply to Getting into the dark arts of EV charging in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net