Discuss Green Laser level in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi, can anyone recommend a good Green Cross Laser level, I have been looking a Milwaukee’s offering

So, any feedback on that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Mike
This is the one I use (see below). I love it. The green laser shows up outside even on a sunny day ( not really far away though, cant give exact distances as I can't remember). With this one you just use a dewalt battery, so you never run out of power as long as you have a spare battery ready.

I have only seen one other laser level which was red, this green one was definitely better, however I can't compare it to any others as I haven't seen any others.

Hi, can anyone recommend a good Green Cross Laser level, I have been looking a Milwaukee’s offering

Thanks in advance

Mike
I bought the Huepar S03CG-B from Amazon. It has one 360 degree horizontal laser and two vertical 360 degree lasers: this 360 degree arrangements is more versatile than cross line lasers. The green colour is more visible than red lasers.
I have checked the accuracy in horizontal and vertical planes and the laser level is well within the declared tolerance. The declared accuracy is +- 1/9 inch (+- 0.11 inches) at 33ft: actual measured accuracy was +-0.050 inches at 33 feet.
With the aid of a receiver, this can be used outside.
The lock position is useful for setting slopes outside when used with the laser receiver.
The two 360 degree vertical lasers allow a plumb position from floor to ceiling: useful for marking out downlight ceiling lights.

They eat batteries for sure ! Whilst Green are good.. My old Red Bosch red lines where far "sharper ". Depending on whats required ..Dewalt or Huepar are very nice

I've used a green Dewalt for many years - bog standard 3xAAA version. Have looked at upgrading to 360 laser in the past, but couldn't justify the expense for the few occasions on which I need that extra line. Have looked a Huepar due to good reviews, but always felt nervous about an unknown Chinese brand. Might look again on the basis of this thread.

I was in a similar position when I bought my HUEPAR, I don't need one often and was nervous about buying a cheapness one. Then I was talking to a chippy mate and he had one, I had a play with it and thought yeah that will do the job.
I've had mine just over a year now, it's had a few knocks and fell off things, but it's still going strong and as accurate as I need it.
I must admit after its last plunge from some 4ft steps I did check it against a 6ft level, seems fine!
Sy

Just been browsing Amazon and remembered how confusing the huge range of options are.

They need to adopt the Lidl approach of 'perfectly adequate' and 'deluxe' instead of having a host of 360 lasers which all appear to do the same job.

Got a bit excited until I spotted they don't deliver to NI 😂 but there'll be other sellers at similar prices.

How accurate is it? I don't need extra lines too often and like the idea of paying humble money for something that could spend months on end in a case.

Thanks in advance

Mike
I use the dewalt one someone posted a picture of I do like the advantage of having rechargeable batteries and they are cheap to replace.

The best construction levels that work well outdoors in sunlight are the ones made by Pacific Laser Systems which is now owned by Fluke. For indoor use the Bosch GLL 100 GX self leveling cross line laser level is excellent and comes with an excellent kit with mounting accessories.

The best construction levels that work well outdoors in sunlight are the ones made by Pacific Laser Systems which is now owned by Fluke. For indoor use the Bosch GLL 100 GX self leveling cross line laser level is excellent and comes with an excellent kit with mounting accessories.
They also come with a hefty price tag and have fewer functions than the cheaper ones.

Mine has been battered about for the last few years and has worked flawlessly.

Hubar stuff is quite good if you don't want to spend a fortune.

Reply to Green Laser level in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net