Discuss Handy Documents For The Beginers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The old colours at 2 way switches I don't agree with there. We always used to use yellow in the common and the 2 reds together in one strapper and the black and blue in the other strapper lol, so what who cares just saying.

Yeah I thought id put them on here as they are nicely illustrated. I agree though, any combination works so long as its correct. For the purpose of the drawing though....

The old colours at 2 way switches I don't agree with there. We always used to use yellow in the common and the 2 reds together in one strapper and the black and blue in the other strapper lol, so what who cares just saying.

Yes, differing methods of wiring also - I normally install 2 way (stair lighting) with the 3 core containing 2 strappers and neutral - live and sw/live on switch commons.

Can i nominate as a useful reference source for trainees .. its called the BS7671..... amazing how many finish college and forget it exists relying on others in company to do all the thinking.

Hi,

I found a website ages ago with some handy well drawn bits and pieces on and thought I would turn them into PDF's for anyone who wants them.

Mods, please move this to wherever you feel is better.

Would you mind if I made a copy of this post and put it in the trainee forum.

Reply to Handy Documents For The Beginers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Its time I bit the bullet and got some proper certification software, I've used my own forms for ages now which I spend pre-filling everything in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, This might be a bit of an odd question, I would really appreciate your thoughts. I am trying to up-date my mum's home, before putting it...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New homeowner here... hoping it's okay to seek some advice on a quote. I've recently had some wiring done for a new kitchen in a small...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock