Discuss help needed - lighting problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes that's correct. All failed lights on one circuit.

It's hard to say when these had stopped working as no one turned any downstairs lights on or off for maybe a few hours before I changed the upstairs switch.

I am Birmingham based, but my in laws do have the same electrician they have used for years. We are just trying to see if we can solve the problem before calling in for help. Just in case it's something simple.

By any chance could the cb have failed? Even though it's in the ON position?

And as you say ideally need to get my hands on some test equipment.

Give him a call??

We might well do. I just thought I'd check to see if anyone knew what the problem could be before hand.

Thanks for all the help and input guys.

By any chance could the cb have failed? Even though it's in the ON position?

And as you say ideally need to get my hands on some test equipment.

Yes, it's possible that the circuit breaker has failed.

Time to get a professional in to investigate and, if necessary, change the breaker.

Reply to help needed - lighting problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
Hi :) I'm currently renovating my outbuilding. My electrician has fitted 10 conduit LEDs (that support both leading and trailing edge) and x4...
Replies
Views
our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock