Discuss High Winds, panel movement. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

provr6

I am currently experiencing high winds and went out to look at the panels. I've got 2 arrays SE & SW.

You can see the SW panels move up and down slightly when they are caught by a gust. Is small amount of movement acceptable or should they be motionless?

Yep a small amount if vertical movement is to be expected and the mounting systems, when tested to MCS 012 would include the figures. However that does assume that it was installed correctly and as per manufacturers instructions. (Which a large number of systems haven't been done to.
The question is who was your installer and are they still in business ?

Reply to High Winds, panel movement. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Great to of found this forum. Much respect for keeping everyone safe! My background is in commercial data and Audio Visual. Been...
Replies
Views
Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
Sorry if it's in the wrong spot, feel free to move. The specific setup: 12v Bilge Pump wired to a 24v solar panel with a resistor (I think). The...
Replies
Views
(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock