Discuss Home automation/sub-switchboard panel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

shurbra82

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

Great to of found this forum. Much respect for keeping everyone safe!

My background is in commercial data and Audio Visual. Been working alongside sparkies for my whole career. Have run projects and installed cabling on many a building site. Although I don't have my license I am confident with high voltage, isolation and safety precautions.
I have just built my first house and ran in additional circuits, gpo and lighting for a sub-distribution panel I have installed in my attached garage. See pics. I ran in a 6mm feeder. I also installed an additional ground rod at the S-main for precaution, although I was told it was not necessary,

As I do not have much space left in my mains switchboard I have to move all the RCDs and MCBs over to RCBO's, to fit in an extra 2 circuits plus my s-main disconnect.

I would like to have a submains disconnect in the main and s-main, so I dont have to walk outside to disconnect the s-main. Would one of these at each end be suitable? here
I have not got the complete amp/load calculations for the sub-panel as it was always intended to be a panel I can upgrade at any time. For now, it will only house 1 x 40a lighting control module +rcd, and an additional x2 16a GPO circuits.

Feel free to roast me.

TL;DR
Need advice on circuit breaker setup for my sub main switchboard.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 11
  • b.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11
  • c.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Home automation/sub-switchboard panel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net