Discuss Hot Water Controls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brizospark

Guys,

Property I am working in currently has storage heating which is being doen away with - as this is the case the client wants the off-peak supply completely done away with.

Only problem is that at the moment their hot water is controlled by a combination of off peak supply, solar and with a boost switch in the kitchen.

If I want to do away with the off peak altogether can anyone give me a recommendation for a suitable control system which would replace the current set up?

Many Thanks

If the solar is just using up excess generation via a immersun or such like then this can be connected directly to the off peak immersion element.
The off peak element would just need a timer control for normal use and the boost switch in the kitchen can stay as is, assuming it is supplying the on peak element, though if it is just a switch then a time limited boost may be helpful.

Reply to Hot Water Controls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Wonder if anyone can help out, my experience in heating is minimal. So house I was working in had a circuit for the water heater, which went to a...
Replies
Views
I have two supplies into a new horstman e7 box, 1 from the offpeak water heating one from standard tariff boost do both suppies go to 1 and 2, 4...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views
Yesterday moved my Mum into her new bungalow. The Hortsmann had been off for a few months I suspect. The boost worked, but nothing happened...
Replies
Views
3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock