Discuss How to keep an 24 way 3 phase DB neat, when fully loaded with RCBO's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Agreed ...straighten those coiled neutral leads, and cut to the length required. Not sure what others do, but i always like to see the earth fly leads connected into the same earth bar terminal with the associated circuit CPC... Dis-like looms in DB panels, dressing cables might take longer, but more practical for heat dissipation and cable tracing in thee future!!

Yes thru crimp any of those RCBO fly leads earth or neutrals, many times the off-cuts from the shorter neutral lead requirement, can be used for extending those needing longer leads ....

M.G. DBs have changed design so many bloody times and all are getting worse specialy when doing PIRs tracing n checking those curly neutrals is an absolute MARE specialy when theres full db n everything running down the sides covers earthbar n Iv got chubby fat fingers
When I come across these curlys I TRY to straighten them and cut so theres not to much excess as this can be a right royal pain to get rid of as for the earths Iv seen flys all connected to ends of bars solong as circuit earths are in correct terminals although bot best practice this may solve your problem

I use the cable tie sticky pads, then make a loop with a tie and just don't tighten it up, then it just guides the cables rather than making them into one solid mass that could heat up.

Sorry I didn’t make my self clear, if you can pull the coils straight then loom them. If possible use something to stiffen the loom. I once used a plastic knitting needle down the centre of a loom to keep it straight. The loom looked good, the wife had a face like thunder!

Good idea Tony

Unfortunately the design of the basic box isn't much beyond the 70s, and hasn't kept pace with huge forward leaps in technologies - like RCBO (ahem!)

And why for God's sake do the manufacturers insist on making them smaller and smaller - as if the customer gives a fig if it's 2cm thinner? I want those 2cm please!

Done ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309678566.270842.jpg

Hager do indeed supply 2 types of RCBO as NICK said above.

The only difference?

The fly leads are longer on the commercial ones, which of course means they are double the price.

Reply to How to keep an 24 way 3 phase DB neat, when fully loaded with RCBO's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net