Discuss How to set a timer for a grain auger? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a 51’ auger I set up with a 425 bu gravity box last year for corn harvest. I run a @600 bu grain cart. But I had to either shut off box, then auger. Or let auger run as I got next dumps from combine. (Or hire person to babysit). So what I want is a 220 volt able to handle @40 amp continuous with start up load @100 amp. 7.5 hp motor 3 wire cord. Something I could start, have it run @15 to 30 minutes. With ability (ideally) to add time. It needs to be outdoor rated. So 3 prong 220 to plug into cord, timer/relay then female 220 to plug into motor cord. Old silo cords.
Where can I get a unit rated for startup load? Constant load, reliably shut off at time, but easy to restart?
I find 40 amp 220 but I know startup over 2x, and even those are indoor timers for pools. So set for week. Not like bathroom fan timer you turn to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes.
Looking for cheap, simple option for this. Thanks.

Reply to How to set a timer for a grain auger? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'd like to find a timer switch, in a style that looks alright next to decora light switches, to control a bathroom fan. The bathroom fan...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Hello - I am a chiropractor and own an older mechanical therapy massage table for my patients. It has a 30-minute 3-pole timer for therapy...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace a mechanical switch from an OLD ice machine with an electronic timer. The existing switch has only 3 wires, a Black Power...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock