Discuss If anyone could give me their answer on this question, and how they got there pls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

maxywell92

the question i am struggling with is this, im new to the calculating of things and am not sure where to start.

A two core cable supplies two loads from a 230v supply, the first load is 70m from the supply and takes a current of 40A, the second load is 100m from the supply and takes 20A. find the voltage across the second load if each core of the cable has a c.s.a of 25mm2, assuming resistivity is 17M ohm mm.

Thanks

Try breaking the cable down into two, do some calculations as post your answers...

You have got a slightly difficult one there since it is not the standard on site method of VD= (mV/A/m)*1000*A*L

The value for the resistivity (rho) should be 17 mohm.mm
Since the SI value is 1.7*10 to the power of (-8) ohm.m

Calculation is R= rho* L/A using SI units (Ohm= ohm.m * metre / Amps)
and V=IR

Try this and see how you get on doing as Strima says.

Reply to If anyone could give me their answer on this question, and how they got there pls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, the actual job is on a farm. I think I'll keep things simple at the moment and just ask about voltage drop. I'll come on to earthing and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Two related questions in 1, if anyone is up for helping! (i) When electricians install supplies, is there anything in the regs that says how many...
Replies
Views
This is a question with probably so many answers and solutions, but I wondered how people would do it. I have a clients house which already has...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock