Discuss Indesit Washing Machine in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dldavies

I have a problem with my Indesit WIXL 143 - 4 years old.

After a wash, clothes are still saturated with water. The machine doesn't transfer to a fast spin. On any program, all lights are flashing.

Checked the pump, outlet hose and filter etc. - all clear, no blockage.

Thanks in advance.

Possible pump failure... the lights flashing are usually a code for diagnosis so i suggest you go online and see if you can find out what the code means.

And feel free to cut the plug off it wont void the warranty, A 54 year old engineer from china once told me that. :sifone:

Possible pump blockage or the impeller is knackered or your PCB board needs replacing. You should have a 5year warranty that only covers parts but call out fee from the manufacturer will be £120 -worth it only if the PCB is the suspect. They don't call them inde**** for nothing! Where are you based?

take out an extended warranty. wait a week or 2. phone the fault in.

from description of fault, I would say pump. just because its not blocked doesn't mean its not faulty.. I assume you have checked the pipe to the pump for blockages. !Does the impellor on the pump turn freely or is there resistance when you turn it.

Pressure switch fault can 'tell' machine not to spin fast, but guessing it'll be PCB as they seem to go on machines. As said above, £120ish unless you're able to do a bit of research and tackle electronics, then a few £'s. Unless you've got time and patience AND plenty of clean clothes to keep you going, for a couple of hundred £'s you could have a new one, built to last 4yrs+360 days (ish)!! It's the throw-away society we now live in!
Also, never pay to have old machine taken away. It's a multi million pound revenue for some companies and they'll probably offer to take it anyway when new one is delivered. If not, stick it outside and it'll probably be gone the next morning!!:vanish:

Pressure switch fault can 'tell' machine not to spin fast, but guessing it'll be PCB as they seem to go on machines. As said above, £120ish unless you're able to do a bit of research and tackle electronics, then a few £'s. Unless you've got time and patience AND plenty of clean clothes to keep you going, for a couple of hundred £'s you could have a new one, built to last 4yrs+360 days (ish)!! It's the throw-away society we now live in!
Also, never pay to have old machine taken away. It's a multi million pound revenue for some companies and they'll probably offer to take it anyway when new one is delivered. If not, stick it outside and i
t'll probably be gone the next morning!
!:vanish:
You need to move a little further north,it won't last as long as the next morning...:winkiss:

54, i bloody well wish i was!! lol!! But you are correct, chopping off the plug top will NOT void any manufacturers warranty!! lol!!

I thought you were never going to see it lol!!

usual suspects on pcb are dry joints and SCRs gone down. these can be got for about £2, and it's an easy soldering job to replace.

Reply to Indesit Washing Machine in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net