Discuss info plz in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

newspark

Hello my name is mark and i am looking for some info if anyone would be so kind.

I have just completed my 2 yeasr 2330 electrical technical cert level 2 and 3 and my college seams useless in helping me to find out where i go from here to quilify complety and become a self employed electrican.
i am currently completing my 17th edition and wondered if i could just do the 2392 test and inspect for domestic instalation or need to complete 2391 also.
Also do i need to register with any organistation or is it just something people do to cover themselfs

many thanx mark:D

I think 2392 is just inspection and test of domestic? I have 2391 which has a lot more scope i believe,anyway if you go self employed then you would probably need to join up with niceic/napit/or elecsa i think they charge about £500 up front and you need 2 jobs to show them,ie consumer unit upgrade or anything else that is within the scope of building regs part p,why not have a look at one of there websites to check what entry requirements they want,your qualifications are almost together now,with the 2392 or 2391 you can test and sign off your own work if you are registered with one of these bodies,if not with one you would have to pay the local building control for every part p job,good luck.

thanks for that info, can i just do the 2392 for now and sign work of on domestic or is that good enoth to do any of it ? niceic wont answer, napit ringing back (so they say ) lol, so bit stuck what to do, 2392 is running course soon and 2391 not till october, but i dont want to waste time and lots of cash on 2392 if is good for nothing but practice. :confused:

2392 has nothing to do with domestic. It's Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification of new installations. This can be domestic or otherwise.

2391 is more advanced and covers PIRs etc.

I would say do the 2392. It will give you a better understanding of Inspection and Testing.

Do the 2391 when you get some experience under your belt as it has a very low pass rate (40 - 50%).

Reply to info plz in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net