Discuss Kitchen Unit Lights to LightSwitch - Help Appreciated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Answering post 59 is hardly going to help OP now, is it. I'm still curious as to why you refuse to display your own qualifications on your profile. Why wouldn't you? Surely by not doing so you run the risk of being taken for an un-qualified keyboard warrior?
some people on this forum do not need to put their qualifications to show what they have .
the proof in the pudding on people that know what their are talking about. and people not knowing what their doing who come on this forum .

Speaking as another "unqualified Keyboard warrior" :D

All I can say about the spat between you pair is one of you has posted opinion and advice over many years that has helped others
The other seems to have used the forum for enquiry and has yet to take part in the giving of practical and technical opinion
(to my knowledge) :)

Answering post 59 is hardly going to help OP now, is it. I'm still curious as to why you refuse to display your own qualifications on your profile. Why wouldn't you? Surely by not doing so you run the risk of being taken for an un-qualified keyboard warrior?

haha.. Are you still bleating on about this mate.. Yes the OP has gone now but I'm sure that advice you gave him was very useful....
If you want to know why I don't put any info on my profile then go through my posts. I have mentioned it in the past.
If people want to think of me as an un-qualified keyboard warrior then that's fine by me mate. Maybe you will learn a bit more about me and the people I help when you read my past posts.
Some people on here know what I do for a living but I don't spout it out..
Thanks for your input in this post.. They have been very interesting.

Colin 33 , may disagree with the post #81 .but you have not got the technical knowledge to attempted such work on your own property .
if so then your insurance will be null and void.
your will house will properly burn down or you might hurt one of your own family .so many people on this forum cant be wrong .

Colin 33 , may disagree with the post #81 .but you have not got the technical knowledge to attempted such work on your own property .
if so then your insurance will be null and void.
your will house will properly burn down or you might hurt one of your own family .so many people on this forum cant be wrong .

It's actually this part that I disagree with: "some people on this forum do not need to put their qualifications to show what they have "

I've yet to be told the reasons why they refuse to state their qualifications, and don't see any reason for someone NOT to state their qualifications. (unless they don't have any of course) As yet, no one has explained to me WHY they refuse to state them.

Also like to point out that an incompetent DIYer is more likely to experience the issues you highlight above if he is NOT helped at all, which is the point I've been trying to make all along!

You're worrying too much about who puts their qualification details on. It's a forum - some people fill profiles in better than others, same as with any forum.

People generally get good advice on here, even DIYers providing they ask sensible questions and respond well to advice.

It's actually this part that I disagree with: "some people on this forum do not need to put their qualifications to show what they have "

I've yet to be told the reasons why they refuse to state their qualifications, and don't see any reason for someone NOT to state their qualifications. (unless they don't have any of course) As yet, no one has explained to me WHY they refuse to state them.

Hi mate. I've told you how to find out why I don't put info in my profile. It's up to you if you can be bothered to find it.

Also like to point out that an incompetent DIYer is more likely to experience the issues you highlight above if he is NOT helped at all, which is the point I've been trying to make all along!
Collin33 ,their are many DIYers come on this forum to get help. and some people except any members pointers to DIYers like you self . like my self when I ask question many members will give a answer .
many members give their advice for free . any DIYer decides to do a job themselves then their are playing with danger .

Hi mate. I've told you how to find out why I don't put info in my profile. It's up to you if you can be bothered to find it.
Sorry mate, I'm not gonna look through thousands of posts just to find out why you don't spend a couple of minutes completing your profile, if you don't want to tell me then so be it. You must have your reasons, but like I say, some people will just assume you don't have anything to show, and I do think people seeking advice would be very interested in the qualifications of those dishing out that advice...

Collin33 ,their are many DIYers come on this forum to get help. and some people except any members pointers to DIYers like you self . like my self when I ask question many members will give a answer .
many members give their advice for free . any DIYer decides to do a job themselves then their are playing with danger .

Sorry Buzz, I can't make out what you're trying to say there, your broken English is not always easy to decipher.

Guys, can we please keep the thread on track or it will be closed, not sure if there's something in the air lately or it's just post Xmas blues. But let's keep it friendly.
As for dishing out step by step guides to non electricians I would urge you not too, we've had the discussion many times helping with a bit of advice is one thing but wiring it up for them is totally different.
@Colin33 can we please call it a day with the qualifications posts it is coming across in an argumentative manner.
Much obliged.

Bloody he'll @GMES seems I replied same time and now I'm taking it off topic doh!
I had noticed now take yourself off the spanking machine for 20 minutes

I'm a good boy and never take posts off topic... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reply to Kitchen Unit Lights to LightSwitch - Help Appreciated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net