Discuss Kitchen Unit Lights to LightSwitch - Help Appreciated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm a lover, not a fighter.. :tearsofjoy:

Matey, I'm not picking a fight over qualifications ........more about the fact you think we should be handing out information to any Tom, Dick or Abdul ............................. which I don't.

On the other hand you are happy to step forward, contribute daily to the DIY thread and give out step by step instructions, instead of earning a living then crack on...
Not so long ago a forum member suggested we all stated our qualifications in order to help ascertain our level of knowledge, and structure our responses to questions accordingly. I don't think that's a bad idea, makes sense to me. Murdoch, I'm not picking a fight over qualifications but I'm curious as to why you've not done so, and instead you've jokingly stated that your qualification is 'Part P registered'.Do you not think that listing your qualifications is of any use to anyone then?

Not so long ago a forum member suggested we all stated our qualifications in order to help ascertain our level of knowledge, and structure our responses to questions accordingly. I don't think that's a bad idea, makes sense to me. Murdoch, I'm not picking a fight over qualifications but I'm curious as to why you've not done so, and instead you've jokingly stated that your qualification is 'Part P registered'.Do you not think that listing your qualifications is of any use to anyone then?

I remember that post... As you see I have virtually no info in my profile.... and I have no intention of doing so.

How about answering @anthonybragg post#59.

That might have been me, it's a pet hate when trying to answer questions

So you are ignoring the point of my post completely.

So go on criticising the people who contribute then ... And not helping DIYers at the same time then.

Remind me again why you are a member?

The OP seems to have gone a bit quiet... I hope he’s ok and his wiring has not resulted in an problem!

What could possibly go wrong.... It's just red to red & black to black...

Our job has always been classed as 'easy'. I always remember when a customer was happy with what we did a few of us got invited to go for a visit, in Spain, and they were going to take us all out for a big meal. One of the mechanical lads said "How come he's coming along... all he does is put wires together..." I just looked at him and replied "All you do is bolt metal together..." He was not a happy bunny...

Our job has always been classed as 'easy'. I always remember when a customer was happy with what we did a few of us got invited to go for a visit, in Spain, and they were going to take us all out for a big meal. One of the mechanical lads said "How come he's coming along... all he does is put wires together..." I just looked at him and replied "All you do is bolt metal together..." He was not a happy bunny...
Had an incident on one job, the blokes building the thing, started giving me a hard time about all I did was connect things up. and get in the way, went on for a bit, and I got p8ssed off so dissed the power to their bit of the job, and then stayed out of the way for a few hours, never had any more lip from them, became very good friends with one of the crew, still am to this day.

We are classed as 'the necessary evil'

........until something goes ---- up....

Of course...
We also nearly always got the blame when things go wrong.. Then when you look into it more some muppet piped up the pneumatics to the wrong solenoids...

Of course...
We also nearly always got the blame when things go wrong.. Then when you look into it more some muppet piped up the pneumatics to the wrong solenoids...
Yeh, or, as last year, half a factory is down because a roofer has drilled through a submain supply.
edit ... 'year before last'

Last edited:
So you are ignoring the point of my post completely.

So go on criticising the people who contribute then ... And not helping DIYers at the same time then.

Remind me again why you are a member?

"WE are NOT mind readers ............please include as much information in your posts as possible and PLEASE answer questions"

A tad hypocritical when for some reason you refuse to even list any qualifications you may have?

I remember that post... As you see I have virtually no info in my profile.... and I have no intention of doing so.

How about answering @anthonybragg post#59.

Answering post 59 is hardly going to help OP now, is it. I'm still curious as to why you refuse to display your own qualifications on your profile. Why wouldn't you? Surely by not doing so you run the risk of being taken for an un-qualified keyboard warrior?

Reply to Kitchen Unit Lights to LightSwitch - Help Appreciated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net