Discuss Klein cable cutters 160mm in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys . Just recently purchased some klein cable cutters and the packaging states it cuts and strips upto 9mm but it can easily go through 25mm tails no issue . What is the 9mm referring to on the packaging as its not the CSA of the cable . Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220302_164317.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 20
prize for the in head maths is an evening out with Dianne Abbott. runner up gets 2 dates.

I make it 9mm diameter is a touch over 63mm^2 (pi r^2).
I was thinking 9mm would be OD, whereas 50mm2 would be conductor size.

Then I looked into this and realised 25mm 6491x would be a hair under 9mm OD. Kiein must not employ too many mathematicians within their marketing dept.

Being American made where they would use AWG and converting to metric has left a slight difference converting to mm.

it's not smaller, just a lower number. wots rong with that? my camera lenses have f2.8 is bigger than f3.5. and 2 cubits = 1 yard.

You would think awg 0 would be the smallest diameter then moving upwards in number the diameter would get gradually wider, but no its the other way round ...

You would think awg 0 would be the smallest diameter then moving upwards in number the diameter would get gradually wider, but no its the other way round ...
Similar to the new GCSE grade system... Grade 1 is the lowest and Grade 9 is the highest !

I think it's so that as they make the exams easier... they can just keep adding numbers rather than adding a "*" to it.

Reply to Klein cable cutters 160mm in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got to look at a job where the builder has cut through the underfloor heating mat and it’s gone right through the heated cable. Not...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Hi, The shower pull chord switch has snapped at my mom’s home and having unscrewed the switch I discovered a horror show(see pic). So I’ve had...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry for all the questions. With he help of a friend, I recently installed some insulation into my mother's loft. Whilst adding...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I've been on jobs splicing and installing Pot head Terminations of 13800V PILC cable and I cant help but think our mix of lead to tin is...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock