Discuss LED lighting wire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

diego_maradona

Hi all,

Would anyone know what this LED wire is called that goes into this?

[h=1]AURORA LIGHTING LED 6 WAY SERIES JUNCTION BOX ACCESSORY[/h]I have bought some LED Aurora au-dled 302 (350mA 1w) for a pelmet in my home. The instructions say for the 240v mains to connect to a constant current driver and then to a connector blocks which in turn connect to the 3 marker lights. Problem is the cable attached to the LED marker lights are only some 20cm in length (thin red and black cable with a small white male pin connector at the end) and the holes are around a meter apart.

Apologies if it's a stupid question but can this wire be extended?

just cut and join with similar size cable.

The cable itself is probably just (maybe) 0.75mm² single core cable.
The connector sounds like a molex two pin like this or this.
Would be much easier to cut of the connector and join to single core cables, the manufacturers generally recommend a length less than 2m to avoid radio broadcast.

Reply to LED lighting wire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve have some ten year old Collingwood SL020 RGB led garden spike lights which I’d like to keep using but wondering if I can use them with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice on the wiring for a new ceiling light. I have taken down the original light, and I'm left with the wiring in the image...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock